The Student Room Group

Is it worth mentioning a D in Physics in my UCAS application>

I left school a year ago, I'm resitting some exams, to go to uni in 2015, to do electronic engineering.

I should end up with an A or A* in maths, an A in computing, and I already have a B in electronics. I also have a D in physics.

The courses I want to apply too require ABB/AAB, should I bother mentioning the D in physics at all? I'm concerned that they'll reject me entirely because of it, even though I'm certain I can do much better now.

Thanks
Original post by Uplinkc60
I left school a year ago, I'm resitting some exams, to go to uni in 2015, to do electronic engineering.

I should end up with an A or A* in maths, an A in computing, and I already have a B in electronics. I also have a D in physics.

The courses I want to apply too require ABB/AAB, should I bother mentioning the D in physics at all? I'm concerned that they'll reject me entirely because of it, even though I'm certain I can do much better now.

Thanks

I'm fairly sure you HAVE to mention it. Not disclosing a grade can cause issues, I believe. I might be wrong though
Reply 2
I think you have to put all your grades down on your form. UCAS can cancel your application if they find out you've lied about your qualifications, which includes not mentioning grades.
You have to put all results in. Not to do so is regarded as fraud by universities.
Reply 4
It seems I have to mention it then;

as such, do you think this will seriously hinder my application?
In my college you can not insert U grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You have to put all results in. Not to do so is regarded as fraud by universities.

Yes, unfortunately this is true.
Reply 7
An extension to the question;

I'm resitting a maths A level, but I'm doing it with a different board.

I did quite badly first time, with OCR, I'm now doing it again, but with AQA this time.

I'm guessing I have to mention the OCR grades too?
An extension to the question;

I'm resitting a maths A level, but I'm doing it with a different board.

I did quite badly first time, with OCR, I'm now doing it again, but with AQA this time.

I'm guessing I have to mention the OCR grades too?

Everything that has been certificated has to be declared. In answer to your previous question, we don't know if it will hinder your application or not (probably not) but it's immaterial as any offer you got by withholding it could be withdrawn at any time during the period between getting it and graduating once the university discovered it. Not a good idea to risk that
Reply 9
Thanks for your help everyone!

I'm certainly going to have a lot of grades and subjects to write in my application.
Thanks for your help everyone!

I'm certainly going to have a lot of stuff to write in my application.
Just checking that you don't mean you are going to put anything about this in your ps. There's no place for this kind of thing in it. Just list the grades and focus on the course you are applying for and your suitability for it.
Reply 11
I'm aware of that- I just mean the list of grades etc.
I'm aware of that- I just mean the list of grades etc.

That's fine, then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending