The Student Room Group

AS Grade

Hi,

I'm just coming into year 13 studying maths, physics and history, however, I also just received my result for an extra AS level that I did in further maths...
I didn't perform as well as I'd hoped (grade C) so I'm wondering whether it's worth putting on my UCAS application as I'm hoping to apply to Oxford, Birmingham, Leeds etc.
I'm predicted all A*s but I'm worried that unis will think I don't work that hard as I got a C!

Please someone help me with whether it's even worth putting on my application!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Olivia.s.xx
Hi,

I'm just coming into year 13 studying maths, physics and history, however, I also just received my result for an extra AS level that I did in further maths...
I didn't perform as well as I'd hoped (grade C) so I'm wondering whether it's worth putting on my UCAS application as I'm hoping to apply to Oxford, Birmingham, Leeds etc.
I'm predicted all A*s but I'm worried that unis will think I don't work that hard as I got a C!

Hello :hello:

You must declare all qualification results on your UCAS application. It is fraudulent not to do this.

Luckily, Oxford make their offers on the basis of three full A-levels, so there is still plenty of time to meet the grade requirements!
Reply 2
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Hello :hello:

You must declare all qualification results on your UCAS application. It is fraudulent not to do this.

Luckily, Oxford make their offers on the basis of three full A-levels, so there is still plenty of time to meet the grade requirements!

Thank you! I didn't realise this!!
Original post by Olivia.s.xx
Hi,

Hi @Olivia.s.xx,

Firstly, congratulations on your results! Secondly, I would encourage and recommend that you do include this result on your UCAS application, as it will have a positive impact on your overall application. This grade will contribute to the amount of UCAS points you hold.

I'd also recommend contacting the Admissions teams of the universities you are applying to, as they will be able to ease any worries that you may have. :smile:

Best of luck with everything!

Thanks,
Olivia
Reply 4
Original post by University of Lincoln
Hi @Olivia.s.xx,

Firstly, congratulations on your results! Secondly, I would encourage and recommend that you do include this result on your UCAS application, as it will have a positive impact on your overall application. This grade will contribute to the amount of UCAS points you hold.

I'd also recommend contacting the Admissions teams of the universities you are applying to, as they will be able to ease any worries that you may have. :smile:

Best of luck with everything!

Thanks,
Olivia

thank you so much! this has really helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending