The Student Room Group

UCAS

When are you guys submitting your UCAS forms for 2015 entry? Some people are saying that they are going to be waiting for more assessments to be graded by their tutors first and others are saying that it's better to get the applications in early so uni's can consider your application for longer and ask for more references if they need them.
I'm in the "early as possible" camp. Offers do obviously go before the deadline so if you get yours in you may have a better chance.

Bear in mind your referee may take his/her time.
Reply 2
Original post by mikeoptom
When are you guys submitting your UCAS forms for 2015 entry? Some people are saying that they are going to be waiting for more assessments to be graded by their tutors first and others are saying that it's better to get the applications in early so uni's can consider your application for longer and ask for more references if they need them.

Applying early offers no real benefit. Apply whenever you honestly believe your application is ready. Any applications received before or on 15th January receive full consideration.
Reply 3

It's all about being disciplined and managing your time well. if you send off your application sooner then you have more time to focus on your studies, revision and exams. if you send it off late then you will have too many things going for you at the same time and if you can perform under pressure then you might breakdown.

send it off earlier and focus on getting the grades first. let the unis take their time to make their offers. if you have the grades then you have nothing to worry about. do not be like the majority of people on TSR who bicker everyday about offers and not getting offers. when next year comes around and the results are released and they realize that no university wants them because of their rubbish grades, they'll wish they had listen to me all this time.
Reply 4
I agree with the above. I sent my application off mid September, not because I think this will gain me any advantage, but because I wanted to focus on getting the best grades possible.

It also helped talking to admissions tutors at the Uni's I'm applying who seemed confident I would secure an offer (can't hurt to ask).

Having said this, having now studied a bit more in depth, even a month later I feel my ps could be stronger, but hey ho not to worry, just more to talk about at interview

I sent mine off October first. But that's because I'm an international student and I couldn't wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending