The Student Room Group

Television Companies in Leeds?

As part of our work experience in Sixth Form we have to "self-canvas" our own placements, meaning securing our own interviews etc. I am interested in Film and Television and it would be easiest to travel to Leeds as I could stay with family. Does anyone know of any broadcasting companies in the area who I could contact, or any similar work experience in the area?
Original post by rinarii1
As part of our work experience in Sixth Form we have to "self-canvas" our own placements, meaning securing our own interviews etc. I am interested in Film and Television and it would be easiest to travel to Leeds as I could stay with family. Does anyone know of any broadcasting companies in the area who I could contact, or any similar work experience in the area?

Plenty on Kirkstall Road, it's the media hub of Leeds.
It will also be best if you're of the age of 18, a lot of companies will not take on under 18s for insurance purposes.

And if you will be of 17 as of the summer, there is also ITV Work Inspiration taking place in Leeds. It does not take place during school/college time however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending