The Student Room Group

Want to do bio-medical sciences at Sheffield, but need to do a chemistry AS, HELP?

Hi guys,

I am currently taking a gap year with the intention of applying to Sheffield University to study Biomedical Science, which is my first choice and dearest wish. I have gained an A in English literature, A in psychology and B in biology at A level this summer, I also have an A in Religious Studies at AS level. I emailed the uni and they said that they would consider my application if i were to take chemistry at AS level and get an A.

I need advice as to do what to do next, my old 6th form told me if I could only do chemistry at a 6th form or college if i were to do a minimum of 2 and a half A levels... which would be unnecessary lol! Should I maybe consider a private tutor? or perhaps self teach if its possible? My concern is where Id take the actual exam and what about practicals is there are any (I live in Derby) ? I was thinking to do the AQA exam board because i am familiar with their layout and exam style.

Also the UCAS deadline is approaching fast and I am unsure what to put in my personal statement? should i mention that I contacted the Uni directly? I think i should mention that my intention is to do the chemistry AS level but obviously I still don't know how I'm going to go about it!

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thaanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending