The Student Room Group

Which AS/A2 are you finding the most difficult?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madmatician
I'm taking AS:
Maths,
Further Maths,
Physics,
Chemistry,
Citizenship.

Out of those, overall as a subject, Chemistry is my hardest. However, in terms of the individual modules in each subject, I find the S1 module I'm doing in Further Maths the hardest out of anything else. I don't understand any of it and I have the worst teacher on the planet. It's KILLING ME :frown:

Examsolutions saved me for most of my modules, I remember using it quite a bit for S1- try it!
Original post by arcanum96
Examsolutions saved me for most of my modules, I remember using it quite a bit for S1- try it!

How about citizenship? ? It's a bit like politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't studied it so I wouldn't know
I haven't studied it so I wouldn't know

Gosh sorry just realised I quoted the wrong comment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gosh sorry just realised I quoted the wrong comment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, no worries :smile:
Biology
Mathematics
Physics
Psychology

(AS and A2) Easiest To Hardest: Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Psychology.
Chemistry A2, definitely! Also taking Bio and Psych, and I took History AS last year.
physics AS OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Easiest to hardest AS:
Maths
Chemistry
Further maths
Physics

Physics mechanics part is alright, I get double practice with M1 module as well and I'm actually the best student in it...but optics and waves are so confusing it's driving me insane :sigh:

Further maths was easy up until it came to matrix transformation. It's still easy I just have to stick mumbers into the matrix to gain marks, but I'm not satisfied how my teacher sucks at explaining why and makes us read the book which isn't helping us understand lol

I think the learning curve for chemistry is steepest, but chemistry just clicks in for me luckily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Blood
Hello! :h:

I was wondering what AS or A2 people were finding the most difficult at the moment.

At my school, we're starting our mocks for the first paper of each subject soon, and I thought that this would be a great way to communicate our most difficult subjects and explain why - and possibly use this as a way to seek help.

It would be appreciated if you posted your subject list and then your most difficult subject.

Physics
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
I took/take Philosophy, Psychology, Chemistry and Art

-Hardest-
Philosophy A2
Chemistry AS
Psychology A2
Art A2
-Easiest-

However, Art is definitely the most stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was planning on doing just that during the half term holidays! I've used ExamSolutions before and he really is great, so I'll be relying on him to teach me S1 and S2 as I have the crappiest teacher in the entire world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm assuming you meant to ask me? :tongue:
I don't really take Citizenship seriously. It's an extra, compulsory AS we have to take and I don't see much point in doing it. We've had one Citizenship test and I haven't got my results back yet, but it was one section of a past paper and I found it quite easy. I reckon I could just blag Citizenship.
A2 History Coursework is a killer. Too much freedom. I like being told what to do and how to do it. I'm going to suck at university.
Original post by Madmatician
Yeah I was planning on doing just that during the half term holidays! I've used ExamSolutions before and he really is great, so I'll be relying on him to teach me S1 and S2 as I have the crappiest teacher in the entire world.

It should serve you well, helped me for those two modules!
I'm doing A2 Maths, Further Maths and English Lit and AS Spanish.

English Lit is probably the hardest for me as a whole, it's a lot more work compared with last year and my other subjects. That said, I absolutely HATE M1 and M2. Applied mathematics isn't for me. I'm all about pure maths!
AS chemistry
AS Biology
AS geography
AS geology

Geology is the hardest
Easiest- Biology
Maths
Chemistry
Hardest- PE

Never though that I'd find PE the hardest but Anatomy and Physiology is a bitch..
Hardest A2 to easiest: Maths, Chemistry, Biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest