The Student Room Group

Could i get into medicine?

I got A*AAAAABBBB in my GCSE's, and I am studying Chemistry, Biology, History and English Literature at AS Level now. If i worked extremely hard, would there be a possibility that i could get into medicine? And what grades would I need to get in my AS/A2 to do so? Thanks!
Reply 1
I think universities outside of London will want you, if you achieved excellent A levels.
Reply 2
Original post by Biomad123
I got A*AAAAABBBB in my GCSE's, and I am studying Chemistry, Biology, History and English Literature at AS Level now. If i worked extremely hard, would there be a possibility that i could get into medicine? And what grades would I need to get in my AS/A2 to do so? Thanks!

I've reported your thread for it to be moved to the Medicine subforum for you, though I'm not sure whether the mods will move it unless it's you that requests it gets moved, so you might want to do it yourself as well. You will get much better (aka less mixed/clueless) advice there.

Your GCSEs are far from competitive but they shouldn't rule you out of a chance if you apply sensibly. You will need to be predicted at least AAA at A2, and for that to happen you will likely need at least a mixture of As and Bs at AS, preferably all As.
Original post by Biomad123

Moved to Medicine forum :smile:
Yes, why not? Your GCSE grades are more than adequate for many medical schools (excluding a few such as Birmingham and Oxford). As long as you focus now on your AS Levels and other parts of your application, you will be absolutely fine. Good luck!
Reply 5
Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending