The Student Room Group

Cambridge Law US applicant - interview chances?

Hi!

I have applied to Law to five universities in the UK, one of course being Cambridge (Gonville and Caius). I have taken six APs, with my score being 5,5,5,5,4,3. Cambridge requires five 5s. Before applying, I emailed Caius' admissions tutor asking of my chances of an interview with my current scores. He replied saying Cambridge's successful applicants usually have five 5s, though having four 5s would not necessarily rule out an interview, provided the admission tutors are convinced by my other aspects of my application. I am retaking one of my AP exams this year (the one I got a 3 in), and in addition am taking one more. I have a good personal statement and decent reference.

If there are any US applicants (this year or in the past) applying to Cambridge, it would be great if you could reply to this thread with any opinions regarding my chances of interview, and anything else! Obviously Cambridge is a reach for anyone, but I am hoping I will at least get an interview, even if I am to ultimately not receive an offer.

If anyone is wondering, my SAT scores are 2140 in SAT 1, and 800, 740 in two of my SAT subject tests.

Many thanks!
Reply 1
I'm not sure about the particulars of US applicants but as an international applicant I think that it is worth mentioning that the competition for places is very fierce due to a cap on the number of places offered to international students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending