The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Grade Requirments

Ive heard many people getting offers to study Pharmacy at UCLAN having grades as low as BCC. My issue here is that the grade requirements on ucas is actually ABB-AAB. How is that possible?
Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah
Ive heard many people getting offers to study Pharmacy at UCLAN having grades as low as BCC. My issue here is that the grade requirements on ucas is actually ABB-AAB. How is that possible?
Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Site says ABB. An offer of BCC would say to me some sort of access scheme / widening participation criteria is in play.
Original post by Nymthae
Site says ABB. An offer of BCC would say to me some sort of access scheme / widening participation criteria is in play.

Does Uclan even have an access programme though? Because i dont think they do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah
Does Uclan even have an access programme though? Because i dont think they do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure - can't see much detail of grade-related provisions in their access agreement. They do have partnership colleges though, but whether that may lead to a lower offer I am not sure, or whether it just covers those doing a HND or similar with a route into a full degree.

The other possibility is a range of circumstances leading to those offers. Poor achieving schools will be flagged up automatically, there may be other circumstances referenced to the application, and perhaps if they like the candidate then they may feel a lower offer is more suitable for the situation. It's impossible to say without details on what sort of people had those offers / whether it is that or not.

The other is: is it for the foundation year course? UCLAN I believe offer an extra year for a lot of their courses, so BCC might reflect that of the 5-year MPharm with foundation year, rather than the 4-year MPharm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending