The Student Room Group

Can a friendship survive a one sided crush/unrequited feelings?

I have feelings for one of my best guy friends. We have slept together once before and he just makes me very confused sometimes. Sometimes I am really close to him and he has helped me out a lot before... then sometimes I know he gets really annoyed by me and we argue and things are tense but I guess that's just how things are.

I am fairly certain he knows how I feel, I haven't told him and I'm not going to but just from the way I act, especially drunk, he must know. Either way he has had opportunity, as far as I'm concerned, to have made a move if he was at all interested but he hasn't so I know he isn't interested.

I just find him confusing sometimes and my feelings for him a bit difficult. I also don't want him to keep a distance from me. He means a lot to me and I know I mean a lot to him but he doesn't feel the same way and I'm just scared it's going to destroy the friendship. I'm scared that I won't ever get over these feelings if I keep on being his friend.
So long as you don't tell him or make a move on him then I don't see why not.
It has the power to mentally destroy you though :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Maid Marian
So long as you don't tell him or make a move on him then I don't see why not.
It has the power to mentally destroy you though :frown:

I don't make moves on him or at least I hope not. He does sometimes on me though when he's drunk, probably just because he knows he can and he can be a knob when drunk.

Yeah, that's what I'm scared of :/
Reply 3
bump
you can but I think it'll all end in tears... you know whos too :frown:
I have exactly the same thing! Being brutally honest I don't think it can survive, just because you'll always be on guard around him and he'll not want to lead you on. It's hard though, mine was the classic case of friends with benefits and me being the one who began to have feelings! Best thing to do is either to confess all (which could be mortifyingly embarrassing) or to get over it by finding someone else and realising that he isn't anything to you in the way, making just friends more likely? I hope this helps x
Reply 6
Sounds unlikely to work out well. If you can save some dignity and shock him by moving on. At least you got you oats with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending