The Student Room Group

would it be a good idea to do take these following a levels to A2?

Art
Physics
Chemistry
Maths

Or would it be too much work and too time consuming?
Im trying to go for top Russell Group universities (fingers crossed) and I don't know if the options above is ok enough to fit everything (inc extracurriculars, research and revision) in.

Thanks in advance :smile::smile:
Reply 1
Original post by livinandlol
Art
Physics
Chemistry
Maths

Im trying to go for top Russell Group universities (fingers crossed) and I don't know if the options above is ok enough to fit everything (inc extracurriculars, research and revision) in.

If you're prepared to work hard, there's no reason you can't do well with those subjects. In some ways it might be nice to have most of art out of the way before exam season kicks in. What do you plan on doing after A-levels?
Reply 2
Original post by tory88
If you're prepared to work hard, there's no reason you can't do well with those subjects. In some ways it might be nice to have most of art out of the way before exam season kicks in. What do you plan on doing after A-levels?

Natral science or engineering; I might consider architecture. This is why dropping art seems like the plan but I really like art and I don't want to drop it just yet.
Reply 3
Natral science or engineering; I might consider architecture. This is why dropping art seems like the plan but I really like art and I don't want to drop it just yet.

Have you considered further maths? You could do it as a fifth A-level if you didn't want to get rid of art (perfectly understandable). Further is more helpful than anything else when studying the formal sciences, and that way you'll have four hard sciences at AS, plus art to make you stand out.
Reply 4
Is it AS only though? My school didn't let me take further maths because I wasn't in the supposedly "top set" (still got an A* in GCSE) who started a year early so I will be lagging behind quite a bit.

Do you think I can teach it to my self and occasionally ask the teachers for help?
Reply 5
Art
Physics
Chemistry
Maths

Architecture might me the perfect career for you, maths art and physics would be a perfect combo and will get u into any good uni to do architecture providing you get somewhat decent grades haha 😊

Quick Reply

Latest