The Student Room Group

A2 Literature Critical Essay Help

My teacher gave me the title of "Why Ray Bradbury's A Sound of Thunder Should be Included in the Top 25 Short Stories Ever" and said I should write it like a magazine article, but I'm really confused at exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. Can someone help? or share examples.

Can I write it in a sort of jokey, playful style, like you might see in a magazine? Don't want to do that then hand it in and find out I did the complete wrong thing.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
The specification says you should write in the form of either a short essay, a review or a piece of journalism, but I don't think it can be jokey. You're supposed to use, I believe, Section C of the CW booklet to inform your argument for the inclusion of Bradbury's text.
Sorry I can't be more help (my teacher lets us choose our own task and section of the anthology), but you should ask your teacher for more guidance. The specification says you should: show an informed knowledge of the critical ideas and the text you are applying those ideas to (in your case, section C and Bradbury's 'A Sound of Thunder'), show how form, structure and language affect the way texts can be read, make connections between your text and the critical ideas, consider different interpretations and consider and evaluate both contexts of reception and production and their effects.
Good luck anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending