The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria /Teeside Adult Nursing Applicants 2015 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by against the wind
I think it's quite common, although Northumbria havent done it in the past. Last year i got offered alternative courses from Teesside but none of them were really what i wanted, however, you might get a suggestion that just makes you go 'oh yeah, i'd enjoy that' ! you never know! also for me a part of it was that the other courses would have required me to take out a student loan and as i've already had student loans i wouldnt have been able to get funding for all three years of another course!

Ah ok! Thanks for the info. :-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed I at least get an interview for now! Haha. Although chances are starting to look slim x
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 681
I have too so hopefully if I get offered anything it will be an NHS funded course. at this point I'll just be pleased to hear something!

i've already had student loans i wouldnt have been able to get funding for all three years of another course!
Reply 682
What courses are people waiting to hear about. Mines midwifery at Northumbria and the wait is killing me 😢 I just want to either be invited for interview or put out of my misery lol
Original post by cgray3
What courses are people waiting to hear about. Mines midwifery at Northumbria and the wait is killing me 😢 I just want to either be invited for interview or put out of my misery lol

Aww. Adult nursing for me
Original post by cgray3
What courses are people waiting to hear about. Mines midwifery at Northumbria and the wait is killing me ������ I just want to either be invited for interview or put out of my misery lol

Is it only Northumbria you've applied to? is it your first cycle?

I went through 2 cycles of applying for midwifery and didnt even get an interview the first year. The second year i did two interviews, got to final selection at both teesside and northumbria before getting U's in feb/mar - it was gutting and i had a long hard think about why they hadnt thought i was suitable... realised i could do all the things i wanted out of midwifery in nursing and decided to apply for that instead!

The wait is awful and the small number of places mean a lot of people are disappointed. But, somebody has to get the places so hang on in there and keep your fingers crossed. :crossedf:
Reply 685

I went through 2 cycles of applying for midwifery and didnt even get an interview the first year. The second year i did two interviews, got to final selection at both teesside and northumbria before getting U's in feb/mar - it was gutting and i had a long hard think about why they hadnt thought i was suitable... realised i could do all the things i wanted out of midwifery in nursing and decided to apply for that instead!

The wait is awful and the small number of places mean a lot of people are disappointed. But, somebody has to get the places so hang on in there and keep your fingers crossed. :crossedf:

No I've applied to Teesside aswell got an interview next week with them.
I'm not holding out much hope to get anywhere with it being my first year of applying but it's all practice and experience and i'll just keep pushing on until i do x
Reply 686
Original post by cgray3
No I've applied to Teesside aswell got an interview next week with them.
I'm not holding out much hope to get anywhere with it being my first year of applying but it's all practice and experience and i'll just keep pushing on until i do x

That's a brilliant attitude to have.....don't give up if midwifery is where your heart lies. Your determination will shine through. Fingers crossed you get your offer this cycle though. Good luck xxxx
Anyone else use Smnet? It's www.studentmidwife.net
I used it a lot when at college and looking at becoming a midwife, however there is also a section for nurses with forums for discussing everything from placements to uni, info about bursaries and educational resources. It's not as busy as the midwife forums though so I think more people should join as it's such a useful thing to have. I can't find any other forums specifically for nurses ( please correct me if I'm wrong) and I find them such a great way to discuss things and get support from others.

What do you mean by U's in February/March?
Reply 689
Original post by debs_111

Unsuccessful maybes?

Unsuccessful
Original post by Hannah2296
Hi everyone,

Has anyone got an interview for Child Nursing at Northumbria on 3rd March? I'm panicking seeing people already getting offers when I haven't even had my interview yet!

:smile: Be genuine , confident but not overly so , do not come across rehearsed or
robotic, most of all come from the heart and be natural!
You will be fine! Good luck
You mean U's as in results? Oh dear, how in heavens name did you get U's , that is really :confused: as you must have had had decent results to start with to get the place or am i missing something?
Is their any Facebook groups for Northumbria nursing 2015/16 yet? Xx
Original post by moose12
You mean U's as in results? Oh dear, how in heavens name did you get U's , that is really :confused: as you must have had had decent results to start with to get the place or am i missing something?

U means ' unsuccessful ' from the university I.e No offer of a place. It's an abbreviation I've seen on many forums where people are applying for uni! Sorry if I confused everyone!
I actually have a HEFC diploma with all distinction grades so that's never been the problem!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ballroom beans
Is their any Facebook groups for Northumbria nursing 2015/16 yet? Xx

I haven't seen any posted yet no.
Original post by moose12
:smile: Be genuine , confident but not overly so , do not come across rehearsed or
robotic, most of all come from the heart and be natural!
You will be fine! Good luck

Thank you! It's my second year of trying so fingers crossed!
Has anyone received a second reference request yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
U means ' unsuccessful ' from the university I.e No offer of a place. It's an abbreviation I've seen on many forums where people are applying for uni! Sorry if I confused everyone!
I actually have a HEFC diploma with all distinction grades so that's never been the problem!!!

I'm sure you're studying an access course at Newcastle College so was wondering how you have a full set of distinctions as yet? Are these just your predicted grades?
Has anyone received a second reference request yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not yet. I've not firmed so doubt I will until well after then x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending