The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria /Teeside Adult Nursing Applicants 2015 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarahgib
Hi just thought I would let you all know I have rang teeside this morning and unfortunately I have been unsuccessful for child nursing, they sai the reason I haven't been told was because my application is being considered in another department but if child nursing is all I want to do then they can mark me as unsuccessful in my ucas and send out my feedback x Good Luck to everyone who has a place and to those still waiting to hear x

Oh really! Sorry to hear :frown: im still waiting to hear from them, but im scared to ring them cos id be guttered if i was unsuccessful. Not sure what to do x
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi just thought I would let you all know I have rang teeside this morning and unfortunately I have been unsuccessful for child nursing, they sai the reason I haven't been told was because my application is being considered in another department but if child nursing is all I want to do then they can mark me as unsuccessful in my ucas and send out my feedback x Good Luck to everyone who has a place and to those still waiting to hear x

Sorry to hear that! I got rejected last year so know how you feel! If children's nursing is your passion, definetly reapply! Good luck for the future! X
Original post by beth-p97
Oh really! Sorry to hear :frown: im still waiting to hear from them, but im scared to ring them cos id be guttered if i was unsuccessful. Not sure what to do x

I must admit I have been so emotional since getting of the phone but I really needed to know x I hope you get a place Good Luck x
I must admit I have been so emotional since getting of the phone but I really needed to know x I hope you get a place Good Luck x

I bet! I was the same when i got rejected from Northumbria! So Teesside is my last hope. I want to ring but at the same time i really dont. Are you waiting to hear from anyone else? X
Original post by ollynicky
Sorry to hear that! I got rejected last year so know how you feel! If children's nursing is your passion, definetly reapply! Good luck for the future! X

Thanks I'm going to concentrate on my access and I'm also doing a level 2 working with parents course so I will build up more experience and try again x
Thanks I'm going to concentrate on my access and I'm also doing a level 2 working with parents course so I will build up more experience and try again x

That's a good way to be! I built up much more experience then got in on my second try, so it can help a lot! X
Original post by ollynicky
That's a good way to be! I built up much more experience then got in on my second try, so it can help a lot! X

I was also a nursery nurse for ten years too but haven't done it for five years since falling pregnant with my youngest child think I just need more recent experience x
Original post by Northumbria University
Hi lrh1980,

No problem! Please feel free to message us if you have any other queries, we're here to help :smile:

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
are you able to check whether my details have been recorded correctly at the interview? When I got there there was no paperwork for me, my interviewers had a blank sheet of paper and it did not have my name on. My passport was checked but there was no outcome sheet for me ( I think that's what they were as everyone but me had one). TIA
Has anyone heard from Northumbria for children's nursing? Still waiting:frown:
I rang Teesside and was rejected for mental health however they have passed my application somewhere ? She said maybe for a different course and my track will be updated this was Tuesday and no news yet wonder what it can be x
Original post by Sduffy16
Has anyone heard from Northumbria for children's nursing? Still waiting:frown:

I know that northumbria are still interviewing until next Thursday and I was told by admissions that the last decisions would be made the following week x
Original post by Bigmama7
I rang Teesside and was rejected for mental health however they have passed my application somewhere ? She said maybe for a different course and my track will be updated this was Tuesday and no news yet wonder what it can be x

Possibly OT, GENERAL OR LD?
Original post by lrh1980
Possibly OT, GENERAL OR LD?

It'll be for a non nhs funded course I think. They always are x
Hello does anyone else have an offer for September 2016?
Original post by CharleyHammer
Hello does anyone else have an offer for September 2016?
Yes me for MH, don't see the point? Might aswell just reapply next year and get an unconditional offer :/
Original post by lrh1980
Yes me for MH, don't see the point? Might aswell just reapply next year and get an unconditional offer :/

What are your conditions? Xx
Original post by stef31
What are your conditions? Xx

That I pass the access course 3 at merit (already have distinctions) and the summer maths school (made a schoolgirl error on test).
Original post by lrh1980

Why reapply If you have a place as long as you meet the conditions?
Do you know anything about the summer school? Does it have to be done this year. I live in Essex and I've been told it's one day a week for 6 weeks which would make it hard to do because I don't drive!
Original post by CharleyHammer
Why reapply If you have a place as long as you meet the conditions?
Do you know anything about the summer school? Does it have to be done this year. I live in Essex and I've been told it's one day a week for 6 weeks which would make it hard to do because I don't drive!
I'm not going to reapply, just don't see why they would offer a 2016 place instead of giving me an unsuccessful? If they thought I was good enough then surely making me wait 18months is silly. Oh and giving up my 6weeks holidays with the kids too for a simple mistake is also a kick in the teeth. In hindsight, reapplying when you already have the qualifications and passing the maths first time round ( without the nerves) would make much more sense to me. Im not sure when the maths course/exam has to be completed but I am assuming that if you have firmed your offer it would need to be this year? X
Just been offered Northumbria sept 15 MH Nursing!!!!! Firming it as we speak...so happy!! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending