The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Can you get funding for one module?

Hi!

I want to study Investigating Psychology (DE100) as a standalone module then put the module towards a Psychology degree later on. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a loan from student finance for that? It would be 60 credits.

The reason I want to study it as standalone and not as part of the degree to start with is because it's not possible to study the module in February on the Psychology degree for some reason, so I would have to wait until October to start my studies :/
Reply 1
DE100 is not available as a February start. So you can't study that module until September. You could start the degree in February if you wanted to start with a different module.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Juno
DE100 is not available as a February start.

Are you sure? It says here that it starts on February 7th.

You can't get a student loan to cover a standalone module. Ask the OU if it is possible to do this module in February as part of any course (a CertHE, DipHE or a BA). If you signed up for an Open qualification there is a chance they'd let you do it, and you could easily switch to the Psychology degree afterwards.
Reply 3
Original post by Samual

You can't get a student loan to cover a standalone module. Ask the OU if it is possible to do this module in February as part of any course (a CertHE, DipHE or a BA). If you signed up for an Open qualification there is a chance they'd let you do it, and you could easily switch to the Psychology degree afterwards.

I was on a different page showing funding options - which are only for the September start. Your page shows you can start in February, but only offers options where you pay for the module.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Samual

Yeah the module is available for a February start but for the Psychology degree they want you to do one of the optional modules first, meaning I wouldn't be able to start until next October to do the modules I want even though one of them is available. I'm going to ask about switching to the Open degree instead. Thanks for the advice!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest