The Student Room Group

Would SFE cover repeat module?

I failed a module and do not need to repeat the year, but I have been given the option to repeat it next year. This would cost around £2.3k extra tuition fee next year as it is a 30 credit module. Would SFE cover this? :frown:
Are you taking the module alongside other modules you usually would next year, or have you completed the course and would only be taking the module by itself?

If you are "lagging" a module into the next academic year of study then as far as I'm aware that doesn't get charged extra or separately from SFE's side.

If you would not normally be studying in the subsequent year (normally because you're in final year now) then you may be liable for tuition fees and whether you would be funded would presumably depend on your remaining SFE entitlement.
Reply 2
I would be taking it alongside my other modules, I was given 3 options and I am planning to retake the entire module in my 3rd year. Thank you! I'll have to check with SFE too
Original post by keiszi
I would be taking it alongside my other modules, I was given 3 options and I am planning to retake the entire module in my 3rd year. Thank you! I'll have to check with SFE too

Hopefully one of the SFE official reps will be able to confirm soon, but as far as I'm aware if you're taking it alongside your other modules in the following academic year it doesn't make a difference for your tuition fees normally :smile:
Original post by keiszi

Hi there,

Is your course part-time?

If not, have you had to repeat any years of your course so far?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 5
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Is your course part-time?

If not, have you had to repeat any years of your course so far?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi, thank you for replying!
My course is full-time and I haven't had to repeat any years. I would be going into my 3rd year as usual but repeating the failed 2nd year module alongside my other ones.
Original post by keiszi
Hi, thank you for replying!
My course is full-time and I haven't had to repeat any years. I would be going into my 3rd year as usual but repeating the failed 2nd year module alongside my other ones.

Hi there,

Based on what you are confirming, If this is your first repeat then you can use your 'additional year' to reapply for your repeat year. If you've only studied 2 years since leaving further education then you'd be funded for the repeat year. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending