The Student Room Group

Should I do EPQ?

I'm in year 12 studying biology, chemistry, maths and spanish, and I want to study Medicine. Do you think its wise of me to do EPQ, considering the fact that it is very time consuming
Original post by Shivani08
I'm in year 12 studying biology, chemistry, maths and spanish, and I want to study Medicine. Do you think its wise of me to do EPQ, considering the fact that it is very time consuming

An EPQ is definitely a worthwhile thing to do if you take it seriously, but only if you're otherwise doing very well in all of your subjects. An EPQ isn't a substitute for good grades, particularly not in Medicine, so only take it if you're confident you can get the best marks possible in all of your subjects with it.

I would definitely do it! It's a really good way to further explore your interests, whilst racking up some extra UCAS points!

I'm doing mine at the moment, and it is proving to be a really enjoyable experience! :smile:

Any ideas on what you would do??
Reply 3
Thanks guys...I'm still not really sure...I am finding Spanish quite a demanding subject and I only achieved 2 A* in my GCSEs...So I know that I need 4 As to even be considered... but EPQ is really good for medicine.

So should I take that risk?
Thanks guys...I'm still not really sure...I am finding Spanish quite a demanding subject and I only achieved 2 A* in my GCSEs...So I know that I need 4 As to even be considered... but EPQ is really good for medicine.

So should I take that risk?

if you're prepared to work hard and get your EPQ done as soon as possible, you won't have any problems.

EPQ is really really valuable for medicine- I can't express how valuable it is

Quick Reply

Latest