The Student Room Group

Universities requesting GCSE certificates

Do universities normally ask for GCSE certificates?

If I have an A in AS maths for example, surely it wouldn't be necessary for me to show proof that I have an A at GCSE?

My secondary school did not give me any certificates for many of my GCSEs. However I have my results sheet, which was given to me on results day. Would this be good enough if a university asks for proof?
Reply 1
Original post by Leking9

If I have an A in AS maths for example, surely it wouldn't be necessary for me to show proof that I have an A at GCSE?

My secondary school did not give me any certificates for many of my GCSEs. However I have my results sheet, which was given to me on results day. Would this be good enough if a university asks for proof?

No you will have to show the certificates if they request, contact your old school just to check they havent kept the ones you need if not you may have to contact the exam boards
Reply 2
Original post by Leking9

You will have to show some proof, for me they took my statement of results (The sheet given at results day). For other unis it may be different.
Original post by Leking9

Even if the Unis don't request to see your GCSE certificates you'll need to get them from the school/exam board for in the future when you apply for jobs you may need them so its worth getting hold of them now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending