The Student Room Group

I bought The Sunday Torygraph and I feel awful

It smells of right wing
Reply 1
Girl, my family gets The Times Monday to Saturday. Cry me a river. :dry:
what will happen itt - bunch of sheep will blindly criticise for no reason just so they can go with the crowd

baa baa
Original post by Obiejess
It smells of right wing

:rofl:

Know your enemy and all that. :wink:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:rofl:

Know your enemy and all that. :wink:

I bought it for English - we have to critique the bias in an article. I decided to buy something right-wing (:nooo:) because I figured if I disagreed with something I would be more aware of the bias. Obviously I wasn't going to buy the *** (lfc4life) and I was afraid I'd catch diseases from the Mail. So I went Torygraph.

I still feel like I'm giving £2 to morally bankrupt criminals though :frown:
Original post by suirrel
Girl, my family gets The Times Monday to Saturday. Cry me a river. :dry:

:eek:

If you ever need someone to talk about your trauma with, I'm here to listen.
You think that's bad? I once stepped in a copy of the Daily Mail. So I had to use dog poo to scrape it off.
To be honest there are aspects of all papers I find annoying. Even my very own Guardian (which is the only newspaper I really read) when it tells me how bad it is that I was born a man and how I am just incapable of doing the washing up. Bloomin feminists.
(edited 9 years ago)
To be honest there are aspects of all papers I find annoying. Even my very own Guardian (which is the only newspaper I really read) when it tells me how bad it is that I was born a man and how I am just incapable of doing the washing up. Bloomin feminists.

Gah. The Guardian. Can't stand that paper -so bloody hypocritical.
(edited 9 years ago)

And stuff like this.

I stay for Owen Jones :tongue:

Original post by RFowler
And stuff like this.

Ye lol.
(edited 9 years ago)

LondonlondonlondonlondonLONDON IS SO GREAT it's so DIVERSE there's so much DIVERSITY wow EAST LONDON IS REALLY TRENDY... AM I RIGHT... wait no that's not what the popular bloggers are saying this week. Ahem. LONDON LONDON LONDON LONDON OH GOD I HATE LONDON, IT'S SO INEQUAL, ALL OF THESE RICH MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE TAKING OVER THE WHOLE CITY! BANKERS! POOR PEOPLE! MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE WHO PRETEND TO BE POOR! Wait no the bloggers are saying--

My gran gets the Guardian. There are some parts that I like but it tries too hard to be trendy and I don't like how it's so un self aware.

...But then, after reading The Times, you realise you can only take so many half-page articles about mega-rich people's inane lives in one week, haha.

I like getting my news online. Print stuff just seems so monotonous. But I do like the shiny pictures in the magazines.
All hail the angry Yorkshire blogger!

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/

:adore:

^^Class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Telegraph and Times are probably the best papers out there. Guardian and independent are factual but the Independent just lacks that something special and the Guardian while generally good provides a voice for Owen Jones and has too many feminist and pro-Muslim articles.
Reply 15
It smells of right wing

You'd better cancel it out with a copy of the Morningstar.

On a serious note, this.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest