The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Timetable - Y11

Hello! I've never been the type of guy to revise and have been awful with it. I've never really properly revised until Y11 but I want to change that. I came up with a revision timetable as you can see in the pic link: https://imgur.com/a/DloLzJZ

If you can't view it, its a rota Mon-Sun (15:30 - 22:15) with the times:
Homework 90mins
Revision 300mins
Reading 105mins
Tutoring 1hr Maths

Could definitely increase the times on saturday/sunday.

I just want your general opinions on this, I put in "chill" time to fill out the blanks and it is 2280mins. I feel like it's to much but then I worry I would burn myself out before the actual exams. anyone with advice I would greatly appreciate - thanks!
Reply 1
in year 11 u really don’t need to be revising a lot - 2 hours a day in 30 min/1hour intervals is fine until a few months before your exam, then once you know all the content just do past papers and go over previous revision
Reply 2
Original post by Gre_en
Hello! I've never been the type of guy to revise and have been awful with it. I've never really properly revised until Y11 but I want to change that. I came up with a revision timetable as you can see in the pic link: https://imgur.com/a/DloLzJZ

If you can't view it, its a rota Mon-Sun (15:30 - 22:15) with the times:
Homework 90mins
Revision 300mins
Reading 105mins
Tutoring 1hr Maths

Could definitely increase the times on saturday/sunday.

I just want your general opinions on this, I put in "chill" time to fill out the blanks and it is 2280mins. I feel like it's to much but then I worry I would burn myself out before the actual exams. anyone with advice I would greatly appreciate - thanks!

dude i read this and thought u meant u were doing 300mins revision, 90mins homework, 105mins reading etc every night!!! nearly passed out, i was like "wait do i need to be doing all that too?!?!"

lmao no i checked out the image and that looks pretty good too me, im glad ur aware of how dangerous burnout can be. like a previous commenter said, 1-2 hours a night should be more than enough until right before exams when u might want to pick it up a little bit. but don't stress, you don't need to be doing loads, take time for yourself, just make sure u do a little every night, make it a habit

keep it up youre doing great :smile:
Reply 3
Too much chill time imo- I’d aim to do a bit more revision.
Reply 4
Original post by user839292
in year 11 u really don’t need to be revising a lot - 2 hours a day in 30 min/1hour intervals is fine until a few months before your exam, then once you know all the content just do past papers and go over previous revision

yeah, heard that those intervals was a good way to revise. cheers!
Reply 5
Original post by asbestos99
dude i read this and thought u meant u were doing 300mins revision, 90mins homework, 105mins reading etc every night!!! nearly passed out, i was like "wait do i need to be doing all that too?!?!"

lmao no i checked out the image and that looks pretty good too me, im glad ur aware of how dangerous burnout can be. like a previous commenter said, 1-2 hours a night should be more than enough until right before exams when u might want to pick it up a little bit. but don't stress, you don't need to be doing loads, take time for yourself, just make sure u do a little every night, make it a habit

keep it up youre doing great :smile:

haha fair enough, would rather do a lot of other things than that. ty for the motivation and good luck to you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Flk10
Too much chill time imo- I’d aim to do a bit more revision.

will change it to 2hrs but in those 1hr intervals - just wanted to get some opinions thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest