The Student Room Group

Question 2 gcse english language aqa

Hello, im currently in the process of resitting my exam, and it is on the 4th of november, I feel prepared but I would feel better with some feedback

Here is a anwser I have done for question 2 along with the link to the article (http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-INS-JAN13.PDF), please mark this out of 8 and give me feedback on how I can improve:

The text that shrieks out Slimezilla tells the reader that whatever this article may be about, it could be potentially very scary and frightening for the reader.

The picture of the colossal jellyfish presents a truly horrifying image to the reader, of a monstrous and potentially deadly fiend. the effect that this may have on the reader is that it may make them scared, however it may also entice the reader and try to make them read on.

The picture shows a ginormous and petrifying jellyfish, this links to the text because inside the text i calls them "an authentic horror from the deep" which emphasises what is shown in the picture.

The headline is bold and very eye catching. The world Slimezilla is used to create suspense and it is also a play on word from Godzilla. This links to the text because it states "they sound like rubber monsters from Godzilla" this backs up my point and overall creates a scene in the readers head.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending