The Student Room Group

how to avoid plagiarism???

i have an assignment to hand in on this friday and its 2000 words essay.. i'm so worried this is my first assignment and i dont know how to avoid plagiarism.. :frown:
i have only 3 days to do it and i feel like its impossible :/
Don't quote anything externally in your essay without referencing it. That is all. Also my teacher told me "quote means quote", so anything you do use from the internet, books etc shouldn't be more than a few words long. I
Reply 2
?

Just reference everything.

It's easier to not plagiarise than it is, so odd question.
...don't copy anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you're taking ideas from other people (which you should be - the assumption is that you won't say anything original in your first year at least), then you reference them if you're paraphrasing. If you're copy/pasting, the text should be in quotation marks as well as being referenced. Although if you do a lot of direct quoting, you may fail for having too few of your own words in the essay. You shouldn't just write an essay out of your own head, then go looking for references afterwards.

If you don't understand referencing, ask your course leader. It's usually one of the first academic writing lectures in any undergrad first year, so if you missed that, you'll be completely adrift.
Reply 5
If you missed your first writing lecture, you can overtake everything with OWL Purdue resource.

As @yamdude mentioned above, you should run your paper through any plagiarism checker anyway. I know that unplag can scan through google and bing web pages officially, so it is possible to spot even smallest similarities in web. I am using them for 7 months and still studying at uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending