The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nearlylegal
Last year they had first rounds around the 11th July (whichever Saturday fell around that date) and they gave quite short notice - only a week as far as I can remember.

Thanks so much for info! Any idea when fourteen's interviews were held?
Second rounds out by email for London View Chambers
Original post by baristaboy
Thanks so much for info! Any idea when fourteen's interviews were held?

Fourteen's interviews were on 23rd July (which was a Thursday) and they only sent invites out on the Tuesday before - 2 days notice!
Original post by nearlylegal
Fourteen's interviews were on 23rd July (which was a Thursday) and they only sent invites out on the Tuesday before - 2 days notice!

eek! I'm trying to decide whether to cancel a holiday or not...if they do that again and the interviews are between 26th june and 2nd July I'd be in trouble....but maybe they'll be late again.
Was it just one round then?
Has anyone heard from St Philip's today?
Hello all

Has anyone out there got any tips on 9 Bedford row? I have a first round (yey!) and have been told to arrive 20 mins early to prep for a 10 min exercise.

I would be really grateful for anything
Original post by SIE2013
Thank you so much. Unfortunately all are in different cities, all times are AM & all Chambers state they cannot rearrange. I will try again, but it looks as if I will have to pick only one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nooo - that's such bad luck on top of really good luck and very frustrating indeed. I'm very sorry to hear it.Do try again with Chambers - you might just encounter someone who is willing to consider being more flexible.Alternatively, might there be anybody on this forum who could exchange timeslots? Or could you perhaps do two of them?I wish you the very best of luck with whichever second round interviews you choose to pursue.
Reply 1987
Original post by GenKnowledge
Email from Essex Court - they are in final process of deciding who to invite to interviews, and will contact successful applicants this week.

I received the same e-mail. Wonder if this indicates that we made it through a sift?
Reply 1988
Anyone heard from 4 Stone Buildings?
Still no news from 4 SB. A friend e-mailed last week, but hasn't had a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from 2 King's Bench Walk?

And just to confirm - have 36 Bedford Row recently had their first round interviews?
Original post by SIE2013
Thank you so much. Unfortunately all are in different cities, all times are AM & all Chambers state they cannot rearrange. I will try again, but it looks as if I will have to pick only one.

That is really unfortunate, especially for second rounds (you'd think they'd try to help you out). Perhaps you can work out getting to two of them?
Original post by FutureBarista
Anyone heard from 2 King's Bench Walk?

And just to confirm - have 36 Bedford Row recently had their first round interviews?

Re 36BR - they're this Saturday.
Original post by nearlylegal11
Re 36BR - they're this Saturday.

Thanks for the info. Is 36BR for family? I wish they would update the PG.
Original post by Rosie 30

I applied for both - I think there are others for family. My gateway hasn't updated either, I just got the email invite direct from them.
Reply 1995
Has anyone heard about second rounds from any of these chambers:
1KBW
St Johns, Bristol
St Philips, Birmingham
No5 Chambers, Birmingham
Original post by Rosie 30

I applied family and mine is on sat...
Original post by GOC1
1KBW
St Johns, Bristol
St Philips, Birmingham
No5 Chambers, Birmingham

St Johns said they were seeing one more person this week so might be end of the week I think? Don't know about 1kbw....I think they're seeing people this week too though...so a while I guess
Original post by GOC1
1KBW
St Johns, Bristol
St Philips, Birmingham
No5 Chambers, Birmingham

1kbw are doing their last day of interviews tomorrow, and will get back about second round by the 3rd of July.
Hi lovely people

Has anyone had experience of first round interviews at 2 Hare Court? I'm extremely nervous. Anything would help. :frown:

Also anyone heard anything from Carmelite Chambers? My PG still says "applied".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending