The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Has anyone heard from Fenners chambers in Cambridge?
Original post by scotstudent
You are not very bright, are you?

Nope. But educational standards are slipping, they give firsts out to all kinds of flotsam these days.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scotstudent
You are not very bright, are you?

(1) that is not the same poster as the original person I was responding to (2) even that post is from Friday evening so clearly not sitting outside court.

Anyway, this is very petty and pointless. Go back to updating your blog database

Your argument is that there is a contradiction between a barrister being unable to send out interview emails during office hours as they're at court, and the same barrister monitoring TSR while at court.

I think this apparent contradiction has been fairly convincingly explained.

It has been explained by two practising barristers, who have said (in my own words) that there is a significant difference in the concentration required to undertake those tasks. I agree with them. Browsing TSR takes no effort and can be done while waiting for your case to be called. Sending out pupillage emails requires care and attention, presumably as there will be hundreds to send out and it is essential that each candidate gets the correct email.

The fact that this explanation has not come from the individual you first responded to is completely irrelevant.

I think it's time to move on now.
Original post by JDHLaw
Has anyone heard from Fenners chambers in Cambridge?

Nothing yet. Did you receive an acknowledgment?
Mallins Chambers rejection letter.
Reply 585
Original post by PupilLAD
Nothing yet. Did you receive an acknowledgment?

No, did you?
Anything from Exchange Chambers or Garden Court ??
Original post by jilljill28

We will probably hear back from Garden Court by next week as they tend to hold their interviews first or second week in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brilliant, thanks :smile: do you know if they send rejection letters as well as interview letters out? This is my first application so not sure what to expect or if it's just dead silence :smile:
Brilliant, thanks :smile: do you know if they send rejection letters as well as interview letters out? This is my first application so not sure what to expect or if it's just dead silence :smile:

You should get a gateway notification with an interview or rejection. So either way you will hear back from them. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590

Exchange are silent rejectors by the sound of it.
Please please will someone post when they hear of the offer being made from Cartwright king? I have been told it will be this week, thanks in advance
Original post by IllegallyBlonde20
Please please will someone post when they hear of the offer being made from Cartwright king? I have been told it will be this week, thanks in advance

I will post on here when I hear back from them. I keep checking my emails and voicemails!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
No update to dates from Church Court. Perhaps we will hear today?
Original post by LegalRose
I will post on here when I hear back from them. I keep checking my emails and voicemails!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, glad i'm not the only one obsessed with the refresh button!! fingers crossed for both of us
Original post by IllegallyBlonde20
thanks, glad i'm not the only one obsessed with the refresh button!! fingers crossed for both of us

You are not alone! Thank you and good luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cornwall st invite out by email.
Rejections from Fountain Court by email.
Had decided not to start obsessive email checking the PG refreshing until next week but maybe was wrong! This does seem quite early though
Original post by pupil2016
Had decided not to start obsessive email checking the PG refreshing until next week but maybe was wrong! This does seem quite early though

Give it another 2 weeks & let the constant refreshing commence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending