The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosie 30
No. It seems odd that they would text rather than call or email ? My pupillage gateway status is still 'under consideration ' is that the same for anyone else?

Mine is the same too Rosie. I thought it they had text with interview info they would have changed my status to rejected. Maybe it's a silent rejection but I was under the impression they didn't usually do that or at least hadn't in previous years
Original post by sar2004
Mine is the same too Rosie. I thought it they had text with interview info they would have changed my status to rejected. Maybe it's a silent rejection but I was under the impression they didn't usually do that or at least hadn't in previous years

Ok, I guess we will just have to wait and see ! I'm new to this process. I can't believe that Chambers provide such little notice about interview dates. I work full time, probably like many others, so I'm worried about having to suddenly book days off work. Although, I'm being hopefully of actually securing a interview(s).
Original post by oli19919
How much harder is it to be a barrister than a solicitor, I.e how much more competitive is it to obtain pupilage than training contacts

Posted from TSR Mobile

The link below is really interesting and provides statistics on the number of pupillages.
https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/media-centre/research-and-statistics/statistics/pupillage-statistics/
There are around 5,000 training contracts in England and Wales.
As everyone will tell you both are very hard to secure but not impossible. It may be that you have to work as a paralegal or undertake free work experience. Given the statistics it would appear that it is easier to secure a training contract.
The link below is really interesting and provides statistics on the number of pupillages.
https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/media-centre/research-and-statistics/statistics/pupillage-statistics/
As everyone will tell you both are very hard to secure but not impossible. It may be that you have to work as a paralegal or undertake free work experience. Given the statistics it would appear that it is easier to secure a training contract.

Ok thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, I guess we will just have to wait and see ! I'm new to this process. I can't believe that Chambers provide such little notice about interview dates. I work full time, probably like many others, so I'm worried about having to suddenly book days off work. Although, I'm being hopefully of actually securing a interview(s).

I'm the same I also work full time. It is disappointing to get a rejection but at least we know where we stand.
Good luck!

Haven't heard anything, and my status is still 'under consideration'. If rumours are correct and the interview is next week I'm so screwed. Flights will cost a fortune!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eve McC
Haven't heard anything, and my status is still 'under consideration'. If rumours are correct and the interview is next week I'm so screwed. Flights will cost a fortune!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blimey Eve where are you travelling from?
Original post by sar2004
Blimey Eve where are you travelling from?

Northern Ireland but last minute flights and all that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eve McC
Northern Ireland but last minute flights and all that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep the closer it gets the more expensive. Here's hoping we hear one way or another soon

Are there any stats on the number of people doing the LPC each year?
Original post by typonaut
Are there any stats on the number of people doing the LPC each year?

I think around 5,500 approx. I know that there has been a recent drop.
Has anyone heard from 1 Kings' Bench Walk ?
.....Church Court, anyone?!
Reply 793
Original post by pupillagegal

Nope, ANOTHER deadline passed unless we hear in the next few hours, but can't see it being likely
Original post by pupillagegal

A barrister said on Twitter they are hoping to get invites out over the weekend... There's still hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Anyone heard from 1gc or 1kbw
Original post by Rolyb
Anyone heard from 1gc or 1kbw

anyone heard anything from landmark?
It seems only one person on this thread has heard from 1 Garden Court, by text at some unspecified point prior to yesterday.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by daftbat
It seems only one person on this thread has heard from 1 Garden Court, by text at some unspecified point prior to yesterday.

Nope I've heard too, interview next weekend.
Original post by baristaboy
Nope I've heard too, interview next weekend.

Congrats. When did they contact you if you don't mind me asking. I think I can rule them out now as I haven't heard at all either way :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending