The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
I'm still waiting for the results of most of my applications too. Anyone heard from 3pb yet?
Original post by suz87
I'm still waiting for the results of most of my applications too. Anyone heard from 3pb yet?

3PB didn't get back until 30 June last year. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Reply 1182
Original post by Pupillage-hunter
3PB didn't get back until 30 June last year. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Thanks for the info!!
In regards to No5, do I still have hope if I haven't received neither an interview email or rejection email? Still waiting
Original post by nearlylegal11
How many Gateway apps are still outstanding for everyone? I have only had 2 out of 12 back so far, although of the ten remaining there's no evidence on here of others hearing from them so not worried - it just seems comparatively high!

I'm glad that you asked this - I was wondering the exact same thing! I also have only had 2 out of 12 back so far.
Can Carmelite reply already??😩😩
Five Paper rejection
Original post by nearlylegal11
How many Gateway apps are still outstanding for everyone? I have only had 2 out of 12 back so far, although of the ten remaining there's no evidence on here of others hearing from them so not worried - it just seems comparatively high!

I applied to ten. I have 5 to hear from still.
Reply 1188
Original post by Hannii_
In regards to No5, do I still have hope if I haven't received neither an interview email or rejection email? Still waiting

Same here. Let's stay hopeful :smile:
Reply 1189
Original post by filthynines
Five Paper rejection

Same here, this is not fun.
Reply 1190
Goldsmith rejection by email this afternoon.
Original post by Pupillagewanted
Has anyone else heard back from 5KBW?

Any rejections or interviews... I'm still waiting on a reply from them :frown:

I've still heard nothing!
Reply 1192
Original post by pupillagegal
I've still heard nothing!

Same! Every time my email pings I'm having a minor heart attack...
Has anyone had an interview with the CPS?

I found it more grilling than expected!!
Original post by Gxo1

Spotify are sending me a significant amount of junk mail at the moment...not helping....
Original post by Gxo1

I have emailed them today as I couldn't contain my anxiety!! lol will update if they ever get back to me....
Anyone heard about interviews for Roberts Jackson? There were mentions of rejections a week ago but no mention of interviews yet.
Original post by D-Turpin
I was turned down by St Phil's last year, but invited to "pre-interview selection evening" (basically meaning "interview":wink: this year. I've done one mini at St Philips.... and that's all the "connection" I've ever had with this set. This suggests that I was invited purely on merit. Just a thought, but perhaps your emphasis on having the "best connections" at St Phil's is what's putting them off, i.e. if it's apparent from your application that you regard contacts as a big factor in your favour? My tip is to name-drop subtly.... very subtly, almost as though you were stating a neutral fact. Then again, with the sheer number of applicants, it's hard to judge these things accurately. Best of luck with all this year's applications.

You've misinterpreted the word "connections" to mean "I think I have some sort of entitlement to get pupillage because I've met one or two of the barristers". I don't. I mean that I've done the minis, met some of them on circuit through the work I do, and played sport with them; whereas I can't say that about any other set. I don't mean that I can say that I know John Smith, so please give me a pupillage. The relevance of "connections" (or some relatable facts, if you prefer) is that I can at least say that I'm not just applying for pupillage because it's just another application to me. I'm entirely certain that all considerations will be on merit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello - has anyone heard from 1GC Family after the first round interviews this weekend? They did say they would be in touch by the beginning of this week.
Just had a reply to my email from 5KBW saying that the application was unsuccessful. Not sure if they are planning on letting people know!

Do they not know we are checking emails every day for a response!!??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending