The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taz79
Re: 9sjs did anyone else NOT see that there was more to read on the other side of the paper?

There seemed to be about 4 different statutes used for the interview depending on whether or not you'd interviewed there before and the panel that you had but I wouldn't worry about it now, it seems everyone left a little confused after the interview.
Reply 1581
Original post by LadyLuck7
There seemed to be about 4 different statutes used for the interview depending on whether or not you'd interviewed there before and the panel that you had but I wouldn't worry about it now, it seems everyone left a little confused after the interview.

Oh really that's interesting . I just couldn't believe I'd missed a whole section but wondered if anyone else had done the same ! Thanks for your reply though I'm just assuming I was unsuccessful
Did anyone with an interview at Invictus yesterday ask when we would hear back by?
how did people think the keating interviews went yesterday?
Original post by Taz79
Oh really that's interesting . I just couldn't believe I'd missed a whole section but wondered if anyone else had done the same ! Thanks for your reply though I'm just assuming I was unsuccessful

I would't assume that - you may have done better than you think if you had a bash at the questions.

Do you know when the results of the first round interview for 9SJS will be released?
Original post by LadyLuck7

I found it particularly strange. How do you do well on that sort of exercise? Answering the questions quickly without having to re-read a section?
Original post by Nordic
I found it particularly strange. How do you do well on that sort of exercise? Answering the questions quickly without having to re-read a section?

I can't imagine much other than showing good application and standard good interviewing skills (good pace etc). If you are wondering how you could answer the questions well, I suspect you had naturally answered the questions well when it comes to application (so because it is such a natural and expected part, you wouldn't have thought of it as a factor).

This wasn't a memory test, so that wouldn't have been a factor (plus some of it would have been memorised anyway just by reading it). However attention to detail is important, and some sections had very specific wording, forming elements, so these (I assume) would have been looked for when the candidate was answering questions (i.e key words).

I noticed a few that could have easily have been an oversight for some. Saying whether a condition was satisfied is easy, but missing the 'may' and 'must' aspect of the statute would make it so that people missed out what parts were discretionary.

There could have also been a arguable section on a statute, and not the standard black and white "is this condition satisfied". I suspect getting marks on questions related to this section would be down to being able to confidently argue your point, without seeming to lose confidence is confronted with an opposing view (or at least considering the view, but explaining why your view is still valid)
(edited 8 years ago)
Is your interview on the saturday? I'd love to change to another day but guess it's probably just saturday...
Original post by nearlylegal11
36 Bedford Row interviews by email. No update on the gateway as of yet.

Is your interview on the saturday? I'd love to change to another day but guess it's probably just saturday...
Anyone know what I should expect for a R1 interview with Kings Manchester?
Also, how does a St Philip's pre-interview selection evening work? It sounds awfully like an interview... but they have been very clear on the point that this is a pre-interview, not an interview...

Anyone who has experience of either of these, a PM would be much appreciated!
Does anyone have experience of first round interviews with 2HC? Very nervous about mine as it's my first year of applying for Pupillages. Hope someone can help :smile:
Original post by jcasey1989
Anyone know what I should expect for a R1 interview with Kings Manchester?
Also, how does a St Philip's pre-interview selection evening work? It sounds awfully like an interview... but they have been very clear on the point that this is a pre-interview, not an interview...

Anyone who has experience of either of these, a PM would be much appreciated!

St Philip's pre selection is very much like an interview. Last year they asked all candidates 3 set questions. The questions are a mix of ethical/moral and legal. It's a panel of 7. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalRose
St Philip's pre selection is very much like an interview. Last year they asked all candidates 3 set questions. The questions are a mix of ethical/moral and legal. It's a panel of 7. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! Can I quickly clarify - when you say ethical, do you mean as in professional ethics (BSB code of conduct etc) or are we talking a bit more lofty and esoteric than that?

Also, in relation to the legal Qs, do they give you a case or problem to read in the 15mins prior?

Thanks again!
Original post by jcasey1989
Thanks so much! Can I quickly clarify - when you say ethical, do you mean as in professional ethics (BSB code of conduct etc) or are we talking a bit more lofty and esoteric than that?

Also, in relation to the legal Qs, do they give you a case or problem to read in the 15mins prior?

Thanks again!

More lofty and esoteric. No, you don't get anything in advance, all the questions will be asked in interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you!
Original post by David Hume
Did anyone with an interview at Invictus yesterday ask when we would hear back by?

10 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalRose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, 7? The year before last mine was in front of a panel of 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SIE2013
Wow, 7? The year before last mine was in front of a panel of 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I felt like I was walking into a 2nd round interview, not a pre-interview selection!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pupil2016

Yes - I do my BPTC part-time and have to miss class for it which is a bit annoying, but definitely the best possible excuse to miss classes!
Hi all, does anyone have any experience with first round interviews at 3pb (London) or London view chambers. Any insight would be useful.
Many thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending