The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OlixVP
Nothing for me yet and so I guess it's a rejection. My PG status is still showing 'applied' but so is the one for Garden Court even though I got the first round invite last week. What's the point of this PG business then??

Interviews aren't till late July (they only have 1 round). I wouldn't give up on them just yet.
Does anyone have any experience of first rounds at 5 St Andrews Hill, and in particular, what to expect on the 'legal question'? Is it an advocacy exercise or a problem question? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalRose
Does anyone have any experience of first rounds at 5 St Andrews Hill, and in particular, what to expect on the 'legal question'? Is it an advocacy exercise or a problem question? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was an scenario - discussion in the interview about the ethics of the situation and what you would do practically. Also, they asked us to state what offence we would charge in that particular scenario. There was one Archbold available and several people in the waiting rooms, so take your own Arch/Blackstones with you if you can to avoid a fight for it.
Original post by pupil12345
Last year it was an scenario - discussion in the interview about the ethics of the situation and what you would do practically. Also, they asked us to state what offence we would charge in that particular scenario. There was one Archbold available and several people in the waiting rooms, so take your own Arch/Blackstones with you if you can to avoid a fight for it.

That's really helpful. Thank you very much! I will take a copy of Archbold with me then, don't fancy fighting for it just before an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Temple Garden Rejection received
Original post by Rosie 30
Rejection 4PB no second round. Wow this is a hard process. I'm giving up hope.

It is, but don't give up hope, not yet. I have been in the process over a few years, now and it is tough getting interviews and then rejected afterwards, especially so after 2nd rounds. Keep on going as tenacity is recognised through all this. I find I let myself have a mope after such a rejection, lots of tea, maybe gin or ice cream, and then a good night's sleep. The next day, I am good to go again.

Getting interviews is a very positive sign, so feel good that you made the initial cut.

Just my views and thoughts, others will have their own :smile:
Original post by Photofinish
Temple Garden Rejection received

Me too via Gateway email
Any idea how many people are on the panel for 1 KBW interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Innerchap
It is, but don't give up hope, not yet. I have been in the process over a few years, now and it is tough getting interviews and then rejected afterwards, especially so after 2nd rounds. Keep on going as tenacity is recognised through all this. I find I let myself have a mope after such a rejection, lots of tea, maybe gin or ice cream, and then a good night's sleep. The next day, I am good to go again.

Getting interviews is a very positive sign, so feel good that you made the initial cut.

:smile: thanks
Reply 1789
Original post by Pupillage-hunter
Interviews aren't till late July (they only have 1 round). I wouldn't give up on them just yet.

Thank you for letting us know. Fingers crossed and let's wait then :smile:
Original post by Innerchap

Posts like this are essential for morale, thanks for posting it
Original post by baristaboy
Hate getting rejections (after interview) before having to go to more interviews same or next day! got 2 coming up which I now feel much worse about!
Any tips for moving on and forgetting about it and not letting it affect performance at subsequent interviews?

Always remember that with interviews as much as it is about quality of candidates it's also about personal chemistry. Sometimes you can be an excellent candidate but the interviewers just aren't getting that personal connection. When it's between two highly qualified candidates that's so often what it comes down to, just getting the right person on the right day. Or so I've been told by pupillage committee members 😉.

I think the point is that it's not a personal attack or criticism when you get rejected its just a right person wrong time. Learn from any areas you thought didn't go so well, ask for feedback if possible and stay positive. I've had interviews where I get feedback that says it was a great interview but there were 15 other great interviews and only 10 could come back.

Good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any experience of interviews at Church Court Chambers? A 20 minute 'presentation' is the only guidance they have provided...
Did anyone ask when the 2nd round invites would likely be for Pump Court?
FYI Guildhall have only sent out invitations/rejections for the Criminal pupillage not the Commercial one.
Anyone here on the reserve list for the 2TG assessment day on 4th July, or been promoted to attending from the reserves?

If so, was it a call or an e-mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from the following:

11KBW
7KBW - Sept 2017 (deferred)
Essex Court Chambers - Sept 2017 (deferred)

I remember the latter two asking for references/transcripts, but that seems months ago now.

Cheers!
Reply 1797
Original post by Best guppy
Anyone here on the reserve list for the 2TG assessment day on 4th July, or been promoted to attending from the reserves?

If so, was it a call or an e-mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on the reserve list but still haven't heard anything from them yet :/
Reply 1798
4kbw interviews out via phone
Original post by InnerT
Anyone know when we should hear back from Hardwicke re second round?

In 2013 I heard back on the 24th June after an interview on the 18th - however I it could be completely different this year (making this response somewhat useless - sorry).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending