The Student Room Group

Lnat

I am applying to Oxford.
I did not send Oxford form yet and did not register for LNAT yet; I'll do it today though.
However, I have a question - where should I write on UCAS form that I am taking LNAT?
I understand - that I can first write it and than wait till results - and than send it to University.
Should I firstly register for UCAS and than for LNAT or other way round?
Reply 1
As far as I remember (unless it is changed) you do not write on your ucas that you are doing LNAT. You do the opposite, you put on your LNAT that you're applying with ucas (when you register LNAT it'll want your ucas number).

The unis that want your LNAT details will then be able to get your details from your LNAT by asking for them with your ucas number.

But I believe there was nothing on the UCAS app, it'll just state whether any of the unis you are applying for want/may want a LNAT test taken.
The UCAS form does not require you to mention LNAT.

However, the extra Oxford application form requires an LNAT Registration Number to be entered.

So you should register for the LNAT and book a test slot before filling in your Oxford form, and enter the LNAT Registration Number on your Oxford form.

You can send in your UCAS form either before or after registering for the LNAT. If you do it after, you should add your UCAS application number to your LNAT file later (by logging back in to the registration system).

Follow these instructions and you are all set.

Latest

Trending

Trending