The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thestranger11
Applying for a science foundation year, a bit ambitious as they are asking for 10 more ucas points then I have.

Im applying for that aswell :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
I have applied for the science foundation and want to do computer science :smile:
Got an offer today to study astrophysics - ABC/BBB :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by StudyHard16
Im currently a student at Keele, on the social science foundation year course. All I have to say is make sure your personal statement is brilliant,I received an offer, took a while but it came. Also I left college last year with 2 A2s and an AS, so dont worry just work hard this year and get over 160 points

Thanks for the advice!

When did you hear back from Keele and did you have to attend an open day or interview?
Original post by katej97
Got a offer from Keele to study Geography. Probably going to be my insurance.
What are you applying for?

Original post by sophi396
I've applied to study geography. Have an offer from them and unconditional if I choose it as my firm!

I have an offer for Geography at Keele too :smile:
Original post by lk_1996
Any tips on what we should mention in our personal statement?

I just explained were my interest in the subject came from, how the subject I want to do relates to me, what I aspire to do after uni, and talk about the skills you learned from the course you're doing now. I dont know if these are good tips, but I hope they help you.

if you get stuck look online at examples, just make sure you DONT copy them or simply change a few words
Original post by lemxn
Thanks for the advice!

When did you hear back from Keele and did you have to attend an open day or interview?

It was so late like March I think or April. No you don't need to come for an interview, and I never went to an open day. Only time I saw the uni was when I came to move in, but I'd advice you to check it out just in case it isn't you're type of uni
Reply 27
How fast generally are keele at considering offers for business courses?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Who's applying for next year? :h: What will you be studying? :cookie:

:woo:

Applying for Accounting and Finance with Social Studies foundation year.
My schools gonna send my application off soon
can't wait!
I got an unconditional offer to study undergrad psychology and i'm verrrrrry happy!! Only if I put them as my firm them which has got me reconsidering how where I should put as my firm as I was going to put them as my insurance initially, but they seem so lovely!
Reply 30
I got a conditional today for a Biology major course with Chemistry as a second subject. I was so happy - cause it's so specific, and i don't want to let go of either subjects. I need to get BBB or ABC, with a B in Chemistry. Has anyone else applied to this course? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an unconditional for Pharmacy (ABB as insurance)- it's the first unconditional I've seen at any uni for year 13 students for Pharmacy ever! I was going to have it as my insurance anyway but now I'm reconsidering what I want to do...
Fortunately I loved Keele so this is just brilliant!
Good luck to you all!
Reply 32
Original post by lemxn
Hey I'm applying for the Social Sciences foundation year with Human Geography - I only do 2 A2 subjects which makes me quite concerned but Keele seems the most realistic compared to other unis which seem to aim their foundation courses at mature and international students!

I am also applying for the Social Sciences foundation year but with Law! :smile:
i am also applying for that :smile:
applying to study law but nothing yet, being a week now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by steelman1000

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be patient, chicken man :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, all my choices have got back to me appart from Keele.
:frown:
Original post by Robin55
Be patient, chicken man :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ha hahahaha oh yeah lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Keele University also. I've just got to play the waiting game now!
Original post by steelman1000

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Eddie3ed
Same, all my choices have got back to me appart from Keele.
:frown:

Hi both,

Sorry for any delay that you may have had, but don't worry, you will definitely be hearing soon either way! Admissions aim for a turnaround of a maximum of 2 weeks to make offers. If it does go some time past this and you are concerned, feel free to message me on here and I can ask the admissions team for an update.

Hope this has helped!

Ian

Quick Reply

Latest