The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Who else is doing Neuroscience with psychology here?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Velocity_
I'v got a question regarding disability. I'v got dyspraxia and wondering how Keele could support me? I'v already contacted Disabled Student Allowance and they suggested they needed further medical information so i'm planning on ringing them asking what they actually mean.

They need to see evidence showing how your disability affects your ability to study from your doctor or medical person involved with your care. It needs to be extremely explicit that is affects your study as it won't cover everyday things. If you get that sorted then there's loads of support that Keele can offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
They need to see evidence showing how your disability affects your ability to study from your doctor or medical person involved with your care. It needs to be extremely explicit that is affects your study as it won't cover everyday things. If you get that sorted then there's loads of support that Keele can offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have actually got a report by a chartered educational psychologist and indicated what he thinks is best for me e.g extra 25% and a laptop in exams. the report was VERY detailed and the test lasted for 6 hours or more...
I have actually got a report by a chartered educational psychologist and indicated what he thinks is best for me e.g extra 25% and a laptop in exams. the report was VERY detailed and the test lasted for 6 hours or more...

That should be enough. Very odd that it hasn't been accepted. Who's saying it isn't?
Traditional Block with WSB, Band B at Hawthornes

Whats that like? Accommodation wise. Is it fully catered?
Original post by amorrison
Who else is doing Neuroscience with psychology here?

I'm doing Psychology and Sociology? :smile::biggrin:
Hey everyone, congratulations on getting into Keele, you're going to love it!! If you have any questions about anything, whether the uni, the social life, anything really, feel free to ask me, I'm about to start my third year, studying maths, and have also lived on campus the last two years, and again this year (in Hawthorns), so can answer any questions you may have about accommodation as well (or at least I'll try). Again, congratulations on getting in! :smile:
Original post by Maths-geek
Hey everyone, congratulations on getting into Keele, you're going to love it!! If you have any questions about anything, whether the uni, the social life, anything really, feel free to ask me, I'm about to start my third year, studying maths, and have also lived on campus the last two years, and again this year (in Hawthorns), so can answer any questions you may have about accommodation as well (or at least I'll try). Again, congratulations on getting in! :smile:

Hey, i'm studying Geology and Physical Geography. I'm in block J in Hawthorns but i have a chance to go to Liberty Court if i want. I'm asking what do you think of Hawthorns and how many bathrooms are shared between each floor?
Hey, i'm studying Geology and Physical Geography. I'm in block J in Hawthorns but i have a chance to go to Liberty Court if i want. I'm asking what do you think of Hawthorns and how many bathrooms are shared between each floor?

Hi! I loved Hawthorns, was there in first year and back again this year. Even though people say it's far away, it doesn't take long to get into campus. You get a free bus pass, and people could leave 10 minutes before their lecture and still made it on time (with the bus). Only a 15-20 minute walk too if you'd prefer, plus you get to walk past the countryside which is nice (weather permitting). Don't know much about Liberty Court but it's a 40 minute bus ride away, which can be a real issue, although again you get a free bus pass from the uni.

I'm not 100% sure about J block (sorry!) but I know for mine (Z block first year, V block this year) it was four people sharing a kitchen and a bathroom in each flat, and each floor had 3 flats, which was really good fun. Perfect amount of people sharing a kitchen/bathroom.

Hope I was able to help, any more questions just ask :smile:
Traditional Block with WSB, Band B at Hawthornes

Whats that like? Accommodation wise. Is it fully catered?

Nope but you can pay for a meal card to get fed.

I lived in what is now liberty court and loved it to bits. Depends on if you can deal with the travel.
Reply 590
Hi! I loved Hawthorns, was there in first year and back again this year. Even though people say it's far away, it doesn't take long to get into campus. You get a free bus pass, and people could leave 10 minutes before their lecture and still made it on time (with the bus). Only a 15-20 minute walk too if you'd prefer, plus you get to walk past the countryside which is nice (weather permitting). Don't know much about Liberty Court but it's a 40 minute bus ride away, which can be a real issue, although again you get a free bus pass from the uni.

I'm not 100% sure about J block (sorry!) but I know for mine (Z block first year, V block this year) it was four people sharing a kitchen and a bathroom in each flat, and each floor had 3 flats, which was really good fun. Perfect amount of people sharing a kitchen/bathroom.

I'm in hawthorns F if that makes any sense ?
Do you know what that's like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, thanks for that! Really helps. Is the amount of people sharing each flat 4 or more? I heard that people share only a few bathrooms with 27 people and honestly i dont want that. How many showers are there in each floor for you?

I'm nervous about if noone does Geology is something related to my degree like Geoscience plus i want to walk/take the bus with someone that does the same degree, you know? What do you think the possibility is?
Original post by FNB
I'm in hawthorns F if that makes any sense ?
Do you know what that's like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not 100% sure on that specific block, but if it's like mine, a shared flat, it will be 4 to a kitchen/bathroom. I know there are some blocks which have anywhere from 10-25 people sharing a kitchen, and potentially up to 20 sharing a bathroom, but I know people who have had that and it's not as bad as it sounds. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Yea, thanks for that! Really helps. Is the amount of people sharing each flat 4 or more? I heard that people share only a few bathrooms with 27 people and honestly i dont want that. How many showers are there in each floor for you?

I'm nervous about if noone does Geology is something related to my degree like Geoscience plus i want to walk/take the bus with someone that does the same degree, you know? What do you think the possibility is?

Ah yes, there are blocks which can have that many people, it does differ between the blocks strangely. For that, you're better off asking on the freshers page on facebook (sorry!). If that is a really big issue, then perhaps Liberty Court would be the better option, although the people I know who have had to share with 15-20 people haven't ever had any problems with it at all.

Even if there aren't any people on the same course as you in the block, (which is honestly 50-50) there will always be someone going to lectures at the same time as you so you can always travel with them
Ah yes, there are blocks which can have that many people, it does differ between the blocks strangely. For that, you're better off asking on the freshers page on facebook (sorry!). If that is a really big issue, then perhaps Liberty Court would be the better option, although the people I know who have had to share with 15-20 people haven't ever had any problems with it at all.

Even if there aren't any people on the same course as you in the block, (which is honestly 50-50) there will always be someone going to lectures at the same time as you so you can always travel with them

ok thanks :smile:
I'm really excited about the course because its something i love to do rather than them other pesky A-level subjects.
(dont tell anyone :P )I was pretty much in tears, i knowwww its VERYYYYY MANLY, when i saw an unconditional from Keele. I was so confident i got rejected i did thorough research into clearing and i even pre-registered for Plymouth for clearing. haha they'll be wondering why i haven't called yet but i do like their course. Ahhh im so excited but its turning into nervous because its a WHOLE new place and i really hope i meet some fantastic people and make really good friends.
Can i ask about societies? What do you recommend? I'll join the Geosociety but im not sure about the others. Maybe Tennis, if they have it.
Original post by HannahEV
I'm doing Psychology and Sociology? :smile::biggrin:

Cool, will probably be seeing you in the psychology lectures then. With the dual honors, we go to two different lectures right..?
I got accepted for the foundation year in science. I was advised to go through the alteration process as i achieved results that are higher than i was predicted. However i really like Keele university, i think the atmosphere there is absaloutly amazing. I'm really looking forward to starting uni there.
managed to get a place through clearing at Keele for biomed but also got a place at Reading, but for biological sciences! Biomed is definitely my preferred course but the student life at Reading looks awesome.. i'm torn between these two any advice please?! would be much appreciated!
Original post by amorrison
Cool, will probably be seeing you in the psychology lectures then. With the dual honors, we go to two different lectures right..?

I'm guessing so. To be honest with you I don't really know that much, I just loved keele's campus , psychology and sociology so it seemed like the right choice. But it should be different lecturers
ok thanks :smile:
I'm really excited about the course because its something i love to do rather than them other pesky A-level subjects.
(dont tell anyone :P )I was pretty much in tears, i knowwww its VERYYYYY MANLY, when i saw an unconditional from Keele. I was so confident i got rejected i did thorough research into clearing and i even pre-registered for Plymouth for clearing. haha they'll be wondering why i haven't called yet but i do like their course. Ahhh im so excited but its turning into nervous because its a WHOLE new place and i really hope i meet some fantastic people and make really good friends.
Can i ask about societies? What do you recommend? I'll join the Geosociety but im not sure about the others. Maybe Tennis, if they have it.

Haha, I remember the feeling!! Once you start you'll forget all about nerves!! I really regretted not joining any societies during my first year, only started a couple in second year. Definitely any sports you enjoy, just go for it. Plus, try out some new sports if you fancy (handball especially, which I absolutely love!). There'll be the societies fair during freshers week so you can see what you like, there is literally so much on offer. And if there's something you don't see but you want, you can always just start one up yourself!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest