The Student Room Group

Details about application

So, I'm from the Czech Republic and I'm in my penultimate year at grammar school. I'd like to apply for a Journalism course in the UK and have a couple of unis already in my mind, but I'd like to know some more details about the application process.

As I've already found out, in Britain you seem to have A/S-levels and afterwards the A levels and you are accepted/rejected based on your predicted A-level grades + the actual A/S-level grades. In the Czech Republic we do not have any A/S levels (we do get a certificate at the end of every school year with all our marks though) and the A-Levels (Maturita over here) are written at the end of the school year. So basically I want to ask if the predicted grades are enough in my case or will the universities require my actual grades in order to accept or reject me? That would be sort of confusing since the A-levels exam here take place in like May/June and by then most offers should be sent to students, I suppose.

Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you phone or email the universities to ask them, you can find out all of their individual policies about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending