The Student Room Group

What can my reference see on my UCAS if I'm an independent applicant?

I'm applying for university this year as an independent applicant. What will my reference be able to see on my UCAS? I've heard it's different for independent candidates. Can they see details such as my personal statement, achieved grades, personal details (i.e address) etc?
Reply 1
I think they can only see the reference letter they have to upload along with your predicted grades (if necessary). They shouldn't be able to view anything else.
Original post by zhhehd
I think they can only see the reference letter they have to upload along with your predicted grades (if necessary). They shouldn't be able to view anything else.

Can someone confirm this?, I'm currently resitting as an independent applicant.
Original post by Student21065
Can someone confirm this?, I'm currently resitting as an independent applicant.

What are you worried about them seeing?
Original post by PQ
What are you worried about them seeing?

I'm not sure about the person above but I was worried about my private tutor seeing all my personal details. In hindsight, I didn't have to worry about that but it made me anxious!
Original post by rennatusembers
I'm not sure about the person above but I was worried about my private tutor seeing all my personal details. In hindsight, I didn't have to worry about that but it made me anxious!

What sort of personal details?
Your name and address? Or something else?
Original post by PQ
What sort of personal details?
Your name and address? Or something else?

Yeah, Address and such. They're were a fairly new private tutor and I dislike sharing details like that with someone I only met recently. Looking back that was so silly because they couldn't have done anything with that 😭.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending