The Student Room Group

Dropping Economics to do Physics AS Level

Hi guys!

I'm currently doing my AS Levels studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics. I recently done my mocks and got A's in all four but I'm not enjoying Economics at all - and haven't got any enthusiasm to study or revise it. I'm thinking about dropping it and taking up Physics. Of course, I'll be behind and I've been told how difficult Physics is. What'd you guys think?

Thanks!
Original post by muhammedk
Hi guys!

I'm currently doing my AS Levels studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics. I recently done my mocks and got A's in all four but I'm not enjoying Economics at all - and haven't got any enthusiasm to study or revise it. I'm thinking about dropping it and taking up Physics. Of course, I'll be behind and I've been told how difficult Physics is. What'd you guys think?

Thanks!

if you have that determination then go for it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Safiya122
if you have that determination then go for it :smile:

I'd so do it but it's November now and I don't wanna risk doing badly in my other three to catch up on physics. Decisions decisions. You doing physics AS?
I think that u should drop it and take physics . I do physics and i find it difficult but i think u can catch up especially cos u get A's in all your subjects.
Original post by muhammedk
I'd so do it but it's November now and I don't wanna risk doing badly in my other three to catch up on physics. Decisions decisions. You doing physics AS?

No I finished sixth form this year and am at university now. Yeah I guess it depends if you feel like you've got that motivation then go ahead but it could be quite risky especially so far into it.
Reply 5
Original post by adam_2198
I think that u should drop it and take physics . I do physics and i find it difficult but i think u can catch up especially cos u get A's in all your subjects.

Yeah I see what you're saying. I did physics at GCSE and got an A* - of course GCSE is no reflection of how well you'll do at A Level but it's as much as a reflection as anything. Pretty difficult taking anything up this late. So frustrating
Reply 6
Original post by Safiya122
No I finished sixth form this year and am at university now. Yeah I guess it depends if you feel like you've got that motivation then go ahead but it could be quite risky especially so far into it.

Ah cool nice one!

I think the motivation will stem more from the fact that I'm not having to do Economics anymore but I just hope I'm not underestimating the difficulty of physics. That's my only issue really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending