The Student Room Group

Help! Opinions on quitting university...

Hello, I am a undergraduate currently studying a Education degree and it is not what I expected, I'm not enjoying the course as much as I hoped and its increasing my anxiety. At my institution there are no other courses that I would like to change too, I don't know whether I should stick it out, have I given it long enough? I have only tried for 8 weeks and the staff are nice and supportive, its just that if I leave I don't want to regret my decision afterwards.

I wanted to become a Art teacher so I am thinking about leaving in the first term than reapplying to a art undergraduate course for next year then completing a postgraduate degree. The problem is I want to stay local because of my issues with anxiety and there are no highly accredited universities in which teach art where I live, does this matter? I feel I am wasting a opportunity as I have been given two scholarships for the best university in my area, and I can't get a job so am struggling to picture myself having a gap year. Are you supposed to enjoy university, or just stick it out and get a good degree? Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by d2929c
Hello, I am a undergraduate currently studying a Education degree and it is not what I expected, I'm not enjoying the course as much as I hoped and its increasing my anxiety. At my institution there are no other courses that I would like to change too, I don't know whether I should stick it out, have I given it long enough? I have only tried for 8 weeks and the staff are nice and supportive, its just that if I leave I don't want to regret my decision afterwards.

I wanted to become a Art teacher so I am thinking about leaving in the first term than reapplying to a art undergraduate course for next year then completing a postgraduate degree. The problem is I want to stay local because of my issues with anxiety and there are no highly accredited universities in which teach art where I live, does this matter? I feel I am wasting a opportunity as I have been given two scholarships for the best university in my area, and I can't get a job so am struggling to picture myself having a gap year. Are you supposed to enjoy university, or just stick it out and get a good degree? Any advice would be appreciated.

stick it out
it will help you
Reply 2
Original post by jumjum
stick it out
it will help you

Thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending