The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

On and Off Campus Part Time Jobs in Sheffield

Hello! I'll be joining Sheffield Hallam University as a Dietetics student in Jan 2024.
I'm an international student and I'm planning to work part time for my living expenses.
Is it easy to get part time jobs within the university or they fill up quickly? Is there any process to apply for the on campus jobs?
Additionally, asking the students who are working and studying simultaneously, how are you able to balance the work hours and college hours if you're doing an off campus job?
Any opinions and inputs (regarding the city too) are greatly welcome!
Reply 1
I'm from Sheffield so I can hopefully give some insight! (I'm not a uni student, just an A-level student). In my opinion, it's quite easy to get a part-time job in the city. Most of my friends have jobs at h&m, Costa, etc. The city itself is very nice (not biased I promise). There's a lot of green spaces and we have a lot of parks - I recommend checking out Weston park and its museum as well as the Botanical Gardens. If you get bored enough, you can go see and ride the only paternoster lift in England (its in the arts building and its very cool). The architecture is also quite stunning. And as the biggest selling point of the uni usually says, the peak district is literally at our doorstep.

Im just hyping Sheffield up at this point but hopefully this was of some help! :smile:
Have a great time studying here!!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jacintha
I'm from Sheffield so I can hopefully give some insight! (I'm not a uni student, just an A-level student). In my opinion, it's quite easy to get a part-time job in the city. Most of my friends have jobs at h&m, Costa, etc. The city itself is very nice (not biased I promise). There's a lot of green spaces and we have a lot of parks - I recommend checking out Weston park and its museum as well as the Botanical Gardens. If you get bored enough, you can go see and ride the only paternoster lift in England (its in the arts building and its very cool). The architecture is also quite stunning. And as the biggest selling point of the uni usually says, the peak district is literally at our doorstep.

Im just hyping Sheffield up at this point but hopefully this was of some help! :smile:
Have a great time studying here!!

Thankyou so much for this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending