The Student Room Group

How do I order a pint of beer at the pub?

Alright lads, basically i wanan know how I order a pint of beer at the pub like carling for example so I dont melt and look like a mug when I go to order a pint? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

'Can I have a pint of Carling, please?' :erm:
"MINE'S A COLD'UN!" is your safest bet. Make your voice as growly as possible and sneer at anyone else at the bar.
Reply 3
This thread is so stupid
Original post by Freudian Slip
'Can I have a pint of Carling, please?' :erm:

He said 'beer', not 'cat piss'.
Morse always asked for a pint of best bitter.

I have never heard anyone in real life ask for "best" bitter

Or a pint of "worst" bitter for that!
Reply 6
You walk in, wink at the barman, and then in your best cockney accent say

"Alright geeza get us a pint of the cold stuff".

Seriously though. "Pint of carling please" will do.
Reply 7
Original post by Birkenhead

Drink enough and mate the taste is irrelevant. I drink carling and does the job for me, I don't even consider the taste. You have to be a real newbie to give a **** over such issues.
Original post by The Juan
Drink enough and mate the taste is irrelevant. I drink carling and does the job for me, I don't even consider the taste. You have to be a real newbie to give a **** over such issues.

Not being a burgeoning alcoholic who doesn't care at all about the taste of his alcohol as long as it gets him wrecked is not the same as being a 'newbie'.
Reply 9
Not being a burgeoning alcoholic who doesn't care at all about the taste of his alcohol as long as it gets him wrecked is not the same as being a 'newbie'.

Its not about getting wrecked 24/7. I'm talking about having gone down the local for however many years twice a week maybe and just having a pint. Each lad has their preference and will bring in a round of whatever
Original post by Michael6
Alright lads, basically i wanan know how I order a pint of beer at the pub like carling for example so I dont melt and look like a mug when I go to order a pint? Thanks!

There will be the names of the available beers written on the pumps attached to the bar - ask the bartender for the beer you require by it's name.

He also said: 'like Carling, for example'. :grin:

Edit: It wouldn't have been my first choice either, ha.
(edited 9 years ago)
Only on TSR .
Original post by Freudian Slip
He also said: 'like Carling, for example'. :grin:

Edit: It wouldn't have been my first choice either, ha.

What do you expect - he can't order a beer, how's he to know what beer is?
Reply 14
Original post by balotelli12
Morse always asked for a pint of best bitter.

I have never heard anyone in real life ask for "best" bitter

Or a pint of "worst" bitter for that!

A lot of breweries do a "best bitter". Traditionally it used to be the strongest a brewery made. Not so these days.

Have a look at the labels on the pumps next time you go in a pub that serves proper beer. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Depends on the bartender, your mood or how drunk you are.
Mine can range from simply: "Carling Please", to camped up fop style: "Good day squire. I say, may you quench me with an ewer of you finniest dark label", or simple Essex pitbull: "Carling you ****!".
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Michael6

Are you for real
rather simple.

Pout your lips, shimmy over to the bar, and say in the campest way possible. Darlings, i'm gagging for a large stiff one.
"The usual, pal" for prime dickhead-ishness. :yy:
Check what on the taps, or in the fridges, or just ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending