The Student Room Group

Do I stop my A-levels?

I am currently in my 3rd month of my second year of A-levels and achieved B in History, B in English literature language and a C in Business studies. I have decided that I don't want to go to Uni as I feel strongly with setting up my own business with ideas that I am confident will be successful, yes I know this May sound vague but that's what I have decided to do. My problem is that I believe I will struggle when it comes to revision as I'm not exactly motivated for a direct path such as university and so I am considering stopping my A-levels and starting my business straight away.

Is this a good/bad idea?

Any replies are much appreciated
Reply 1
I think if you are focussed enough and have clear goals and exit plans...you can set up your business plans now itself...otherwise take like a gap year see how you're doing then go back into edu if it doesn't seem to work out...
Reply 2
I'd suggest continuing with your a-levels while you go through the first stages of setting up your business. It takes longer than some would think. Make sure you're all set before leaving school. There may be schemes for students starting businesses, with loans being given out. So look into that first too. I think it's on the gov. website how to get loans to get stared and free training. But you maybe able to do these things whilst your still at school. :smile:

All the best,
Nae.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest