The Student Room Group

She a stood me up, why???

Thank you for looking, I will try to keep it short. So I got stood up by this girl who I asked to go to the cinema and eat somewhere on Saturday. I feel so sad right now because she played me. I don't mind rejection but why did she seemed so interested.

- at first we did not really click, but 2 weeks later we could not be separated.
- we shared lots of jokes, flirted a lot. My best friend also commented on how close we seemed.
- she has even started reading some of my favourite novels.
- she was hinting to me she wanted to watch a film, so I asked her, and her eyes lit up and she said yes straightway.
-yesterday she started planning other things we could do together, like she wanted to do an all nighter in the library to do research
- she started touching me everytime she wanted my attention, even though we are sat next to each in the last lecture.
- then today she said she can't go anymore, no reason or anything.

Why did she do this to me, she was interested and then she goes and stands me up.
If she said no, straightaway then fair enough.

I have a lecture with her tomorrow, what should I say, and how should I act? It is a very small lecture, so I will Definitely see her, I will be on my own because I usually go to the earlier one.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rejection is part of life, but why did she seem all interested then reject me.
Maybe something came up? Maybe she has personal issues going on?
Mate calm down, something probably came up. Give her the benefit of the doubt and let her explain? You don't know anything apart from the fact that she cancelled so go in with a clear head and make it seem like everything is all good.
Maybe she genuinely couldn't make it?
Reply 5
Original post by JessicaLucy09
Maybe something came up? Maybe she has personal issues going on?

Original post by C_tinie_D
Mate calm down, something probably came up. Give her the benefit of the doubt and let her explain? You don't know anything apart from the fact that she cancelled so go in with a clear head and make it seem like everything is all good.

Thank for replying.

She did not say anything on text, so I would doubt she would explain in person
Reply 6
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Maybe she genuinely couldn't make it?

Thanks for replying.

Wouldn't she try to arrange another day. Many other girls would do this?
Original post by freedom
Thank for replying.

She did not say anything on text, so I would doubt she would explain in person

Then she's a b*tch and doesn't deserve any more of your time, to be blunt lol.
Original post by freedom
Thanks for replying.

Wouldn't she try to arrange another day. Many other girls would do this?

If she hasn't made any other attempt to carry stuff on it might be that she met someone else. It's harsh but it happens.
Reply 9
Original post by C_tinie_D
Then she's a b*tch and doesn't deserve any more of your time, to be blunt lol.

Thanks friend. I am going to to the lesson tomorrow, and just completely keep my distance.
Reply 10
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
If she hasn't made any other attempt to carry stuff on it might be that she met someone else. It's harsh but it happens.

Yes rejection is part of life, we all have been there.
But why would she act all interested, she even wanted to go out next weekend ice skating. Then just go complelty blank today
Original post by freedom
Thank you for looking, I will try to keep it short. So I got stood up by this girl who I asked to go to the cinema and eat somewhere on Saturday. I feel so sad right now because she played me. I don't mind rejection but why did she seemed so interested.

- at first we did not really click, but 2 weeks later we could not be separated.
- we shared lots of jokes, flirted a lot. My best friend also commented on how close we seemed.
- she has even started reading some of my favourite novels.
- she was hinting to me she wanted to watch a film, so I asked her, and her eyes lit up and she said yes straightway.
-yesterday she started planning other things we could do together, like she wanted to do an all nighter in the library to do research
- she started touching me everytime she wanted my attention, even though we are sat next to each in the last lecture.
- then today she said she can't go anymore, no reason or anything.

Why did she do this to me, she was interested and then she goes and stands me up.
If she said no, straightaway then fair enough.

I have a lecture with her tomorrow, what should I say, and how should I act? It is a very small lecture, so I will Definitely see her, I will be on my own because I usually go to the earlier one.

I wouldnt call that being 'stood up', i thought this was going to be you were waiting for her on the night and she didn't turn up (which is harsh and rude)

She probs genuinely can't make it, just ask her if she's free another night - don't worry about it :cool:
Reply 12
Original post by MarleyZ
I wouldnt call that being 'stood up', i thought this was going to be you were waiting for her on the night and she didn't turn up (which is harsh and rude)

She probs genuinely can't make it, just ask her if she's free another night - don't worry about it :cool:

Thanks for replying.

Wouldn't she give a reason for not making it, or even make a reason up.
Or even try to arrange an alternative day?
Original post by freedom
Thanks for replying.

Wouldn't she give a reason for not making it, or even make a reason up.
Or even try to arrange an alternative day?

I honestly can't tell you her motives or why she didn't bring it up but if you don't ask her why you'll never know. If she doesn't want to go out maybe she just wants to be mates - but if you dont ask youll never know :smile:

[h="1"]15 Ways We Can Put An End To The Dishonest Dating Culture We’ve Created [/h]
This article is great - recommend a read :smile:
:biggrin: Just go for it ! Live and learn buddy :happy2:
Reply 15
Original post by MarleyZ
:biggrin: Just go for it ! Live and learn buddy :happy2:

Very true, so I should ask her sometime next week if she wants to do anything?
Reply 16
She could have been too nervous at the last minute, or even been ill and too embarrassed to say? There's endless possible reasons, and there's too little information to be hateful towards her. Even if she did purposely mess with you, if you ignore her/get angry then you'll be displaying that it worked.
Original post by freedom
Very true, so I should ask her sometime next week if she wants to do anything?

Yeah :smile: and if she says she's busy or just point blank says no thank you you know that you're better off using your energy on someone who does want to spend more time with you :redface:

I bet it'll go fine though! :ahee:
Reply 18
Original post by ylimey
She could have been too nervous at the last minute, or even been ill and too embarrassed to say? There's endless possible reasons, and there's too little information to be hateful towards her. Even if she did purposely mess with you, if you ignore her/get angry then you'll be displaying that it worked.

I was planning to ignore her to show that I don't care, if I see her tomorrow.

Should I not do this, and just try to act normal. I think she would start messing with me agian if I do this
Original post by freedom
I was planning to ignore her to show that I don't care, if I see her tomorrow.

Should I not do this, and just try to act normal. I think she would start messing with me agian if I do this

Do NOT ignore her *head in hands* :K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending