The Student Room Group

She had a change of heart :/

Situation:

So I started seeing someone about 2 months ago on the premise of we wanted the same things, and it was very clear it wouldn't be casual as we weren't into that. She did try to make things exclusive very early on, maybe after a month which I ignored a little to protect myself till I knew (the following wouldn't happen...)

But we did date A LOT and we spoke every day, so I didn't date others just through the fact I had no time.

Anyway, she arranged to sleep with me before going away, which I waited for and she complimented me before she went home for two and a bit weeks when things seemed normal, we would video call every night and I tried to share my usual affection for her.

Then out of the blue, she was with a friend the weekend gone and she started slow replying, cancelled the meeting up Tuesday then eventually wanted to cancel a future meeting up. So I paused and asked her what was up.

She explained in a nutshell;

The distance changed things (I am guessing reflection away from me).

This then changed to things going too fast, too soon, was too intense and

inviting her to meet a friend (Girl) for her party was too much.

Anyway, I asked her why she had a change of feelings and was no longer interested. She said she "Did not know".

Anyway, I backed off completely as that's my emotional intelligence kicking in. I woke up to the earliest message I've ever received from her at 7 am stating;

"She expects a discussion about this, and doesn't appreciate being ignored...."

I still wasn't getting straight answers and so after the same repeat-rinse theme of;

"I care about you"

"I didn't want to have that conversation" but had to.

"I want more commitment than she does" and that's unfair to me

I then basically thought I'll give her some space and told her so, and she agreed. But she then like queried what this break meant and I didn't reply.

Anyway, I gave it some breathing room and asked her for things to be more clear, as she was very confused with her behaviour. So she said:

It wasn't personal

She would never change how my behaviour towards her was

She would not change how things went (Which makes no sense if it was intense/fast)

I did nothing wrong, which makes this whole situation even more hard for her.

She said whilst she wanted the same things as me, she's now decided she doesn't.

I clarified if things had ended and she said "In a very weird and abrupt way"

Things then took another turn; which after a "Ship" had ended had never happened to me before;

She would love to know how I am, and how things progress with me

But she didn't know where I stood so was unsure, because I ceased following her on Instagram, deleted her number etc.

I said I wasn't against talking to her, but I didn't want things to change. We followed each other back and Instagram.

I just told her;

"I didn't want things to change"

She just simply and sarcastically replied;

"I know......"

Summary:

And that's where things have been left. I've elected to not contact her, not in the hope that she gets back in contact but more so to give this some breathing room and some space and to concentrate on me and the things I love to do.

My friend advised me that she obviously really likes you, but something in her has caused her to want to stop in her tracks as she obviously got scared but won't admit that to me. It's not as if she wasn't interested in me, it's just the best thing to do is give her some space.

Thoughts?
I think she's changed her mind about things and hasn't communicated it well. You're right to back off. I wouldn't expect this to go anywhere based on the above.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
I think she's changed her mind about things and hasn't communicated it well. You're right to back off. I wouldn't expect this to go anywhere based on the above.

It's very puzzling because things were going extremely smoothly. No disagreements and no tension. Very abrupt change overnight.

I'd say so too, I do find it amusing she's very keen to have all the benefits of knowing me but not have a romantic relationship. Never had that before....
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Situation:

So I started seeing someone about 2 months ago on the premise of we wanted the same things, and it was very clear it wouldn't be casual as we weren't into that. She did try to make things exclusive very early on, maybe after a month which I ignored a little to protect myself till I knew (the following wouldn't happen...)

But we did date A LOT and we spoke every day, so I didn't date others just through the fact I had no time.

Anyway, she arranged to sleep with me before going away, which I waited for and she complimented me before she went home for two and a bit weeks when things seemed normal, we would video call every night and I tried to share my usual affection for her.

Then out of the blue, she was with a friend the weekend gone and she started slow replying, cancelled the meeting up Tuesday then eventually wanted to cancel a future meeting up. So I paused and asked her what was up.

She explained in a nutshell;

The distance changed things (I am guessing reflection away from me).

This then changed to things going too fast, too soon, was too intense and

inviting her to meet a friend (Girl) for her party was too much.

Anyway, I asked her why she had a change of feelings and was no longer interested. She said she "Did not know".

Anyway, I backed off completely as that's my emotional intelligence kicking in. I woke up to the earliest message I've ever received from her at 7 am stating;

"She expects a discussion about this, and doesn't appreciate being ignored...."

I still wasn't getting straight answers and so after the same repeat-rinse theme of;

"I care about you"

"I didn't want to have that conversation" but had to.

"I want more commitment than she does" and that's unfair to me

I then basically thought I'll give her some space and told her so, and she agreed. But she then like queried what this break meant and I didn't reply.

Anyway, I gave it some breathing room and asked her for things to be more clear, as she was very confused with her behaviour. So she said:

It wasn't personal

She would never change how my behaviour towards her was

She would not change how things went (Which makes no sense if it was intense/fast)

I did nothing wrong, which makes this whole situation even more hard for her.

She said whilst she wanted the same things as me, she's now decided she doesn't.

I clarified if things had ended and she said "In a very weird and abrupt way"

Things then took another turn; which after a "Ship" had ended had never happened to me before;

She would love to know how I am, and how things progress with me

But she didn't know where I stood so was unsure, because I ceased following her on Instagram, deleted her number etc.

I said I wasn't against talking to her, but I didn't want things to change. We followed each other back and Instagram.

I just told her;

"I didn't want things to change"

She just simply and sarcastically replied;

"I know......"

Summary:

And that's where things have been left. I've elected to not contact her, not in the hope that she gets back in contact but more so to give this some breathing room and some space and to concentrate on me and the things I love to do.

My friend advised me that she obviously really likes you, but something in her has caused her to want to stop in her tracks as she obviously got scared but won't admit that to me. It's not as if she wasn't interested in me, it's just the best thing to do is give her some space.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are she just wasn't really into you in the end
Reply 4
Original post by Miss Paige
My thoughts are she just wasn't really into you in the end

That mindset is always best 👌 because it allows you to move on, regardless of any future outcome.

I'm always weary that when these things happen is because that person has decided its time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending