The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who goes to the hairdressers and asks for the usual?

Whilst both me and the hairdresser have no idea what the usual is. However he always seems to do a decent job.

I even think I said the usual when I first had him lololol

Scroll to see replies

You and every other guy in the world
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Whilst both me and the hairdresser have no idea what the usual is. However he always seems to do a decent job.

if youre not rocking the samurai ponytail in 2k14 youre not going to get the really attractive girls
Reply 3
I hope one time when you say "the usual" the barber fks your hair up. Hehajdhajsbjahsha
Probably. I just ask for however many inches I want off, and my layers and fringe trimmed.

I love my hairdresser, she's so nice :h:
This is exactly what I do. Its only when you move away for uni and you get a new barber that this approach becomes a problem.
Original post by Uw0tm8_
I hope one time when you say "the usual" the barber fks your hair up. Hehajdhajsbjahsha

And I hope you would shut your piehole but we don't always get what we want.
No, because he'd cut all my hair off.
Reply 8
And I hope you would shut your piehole but we don't always get what we want.

Well technically my "piehole" is shut as im typing not speaking, so meh
I tell my sister to cut my hair as usual. I do not trust hairdressers here in the UK :hmmm:
Well my mum is my hairdresser and whenever she cuts my hair I always just say "give me the usual" :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since when did a bloke to to a 'hairdresser?' This smacks of some weird metro ****.

However, congrats. I hope you're proud :yy:
Original post by Tootles
Since when did a bloke to to a 'hairdresser?' This smacks of some weird metro ****.

Some of us have higher standards than a mate with a pair of scissors.
Original post by Genocidal
Conversely, some of us have more important things to worry about than our hairstyle.

Also, I only use scissors for trimming my beard :fyi:
Original post by Tootles

English pls

Original post by Uw0tm8_
Well technically my "piehole" is shut as im typing not speaking, so meh

Wat
I don't do this. I give the numbers I want.

:wink:
Am I the only one who could go to the tuck shop and ask for the usual in primary school?

edit: To this day I have no idea how to style my hair
English pls
:rolleyes:
End of the day there are 2 kinds of haircuts, the £20+ type from a properly trained stylist who takes great interest in your exact specifications and the £7 type from a Latvian ex-mechanic where you just sit down and he starts shearing
Original post by Genocidal

You obviously have no idea about the current barbers. I was speaking to the assistant manager at Toni and Guy at convent gardens who admitted all of his stylists couldn't cut blokes hair (himself included) to the standard of a good barber shop. Hairdressers arnt trained in clipper work to anywhere the standard they should be.

If your actually interested look up The Nomad barber, Paul "AONO" Hewitt, Frank "Thy Barber" Rimmer, Johnny "BaBa", Savils barbers in Sheffield.

Gonna get hate for this, but I love Johnny read this and see what he's all about http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/fashion-and-style/11254834/All-women-should-be-banned-from-barber-shops.html

Quick Reply

Latest