The Student Room Group

Exeter University Law LLB entry requirements

I have a heavy interest in applying for The University of Exeter and taking part in their law programme. However I have a question about its entry requirements. I noticed the only specific grade you require is a 4 in English. Is this the case? Or does it require something else? I have the required BTEC grade (D*D*D) but does it need to be in a specific course? The requirement says N/A but I want to be sure
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by The Walker
I have a heavy interest in applying for The University of Exeter and taking part in their law programme. However I have a question about its entry requirements. I noticed the only specific grade you require is a 4 in English. Is this the case? Or does it require something else? I have the required BTEC grade (D*D*D) but does it need to be in a specific course? The requirement says N/A but I want to be sure

Really only Exeter can answer this but usually with BTECs they need to be in an academic subject like Applied Science or Business rather than bricklaying or hairdressing. Your best option is to ring Exeter and ask whether they accept your BTEC.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Really only Exeter can answer this but usually with BTECs they need to be in an academic subject like Applied Science or Business rather than bricklaying or hairdressing. Your best option is to ring Exeter and ask whether they accept your BTEC.

I have sent an email enquiring. The fact that it didn’t have any required A levels subjects , BTEC subjects …or anything other than an English Grade 4, had me wondering
(edited 2 years ago)
I have sent an email enquiring. The fact that it didn’t have any required A levels subjects , BTEC subjects …or anything other than an English Grade 4, had me wondering

As a general rule there are no specific subjects required for Law. Most universities will take a fairly wide range of A level subjects. Some use a range of subjects they prefer. This is fairly wide and includes things like Law, Sociology and Politics along with traditional subjects like English, History and Maths. Critical Thinking and General Studies are normally excluded and they usually require 2 subjects from their preferred list. The third can be something like Film or Sports.

Many universities have GCSE requirement usually in English and Maths. I know of someone a few years ago who got an offer for History in Exeter without grade 4 in GCSE Maths.

BTECs tend to vary more. The usual BTEC accepted for a humanities course is in Business. Sometimes Law, Psychology or Applied Science will be accepted. What is more difficult to predict is whether Travel and Tourism, Public Services or Health and Social will be accepted as this tends to vary between universities.

I went to Exeter and they are generally quite relaxed about grade requirements. Their aim at the moment seems to be to take on as many students as possible, so it shouldn't be an issue. They also do go through clearing too so you can keep an eye out for that
hi, is this really true, I am thinking to apply to exeter but I have poor gcse grades, could you show me where it says that?
Reply 6
Hi I’ve recently finished college and I’m stressing about my level 3 BTEC applied law grade I’m aiming for a merit and overall when you count my units it comes to 51 credits. However, to get a merit 52 is needed and my teacher said I should be fine however couldn’t that take me to just a pass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending