The Student Room Group

Choices, choices, choices...Help!

Hey,
I got an early offer from a sixth form today but since the sixth form didn't teach all of my desired subjects, I chose to take French as a substitute.
I got an early offer today saying they would like to give me a place however, I don't know if I want to do French as I don't know my granmar well and because of that, I find it hard to make sentances on the spot. Do you think I should do it?
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Thanu24
Hey,
I got an early offer from a sixth form today but since the sixth form didn't teach all of my desired subjects, I chose to take French as a substitute.
I got an early offer today saying they would like to give me a place however, I don't know if I want to do French as I don't know my granmar well and because of that, I find it hard to make sentances on the spot. Do you think I should do it?
Thank you

Anything else you want to do? Do you at least enjoy French / willing to work for it, even if you don't think you're very good at it?

You will learn more in the first term of AS French than you did for your whole GCSE. You will soon become much more competent, but it can be a very difficult subject if you don't put the effort in. Very rewarding when you do though :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nymthae
Anything else you want to do? Do you at least enjoy French / willing to work for it, even if you don't think you're very good at it?

You will learn more in the first term of AS French than you did for your whole GCSE. You will soon become much more competent, but it can be a very difficult subject if you don't put the effort in. Very rewarding when you do though :smile:

There isn't anything I can do either because I'm awful at it or because I didn't take it for GCSE. However, I do enjoy learning languages. Do you think it's worth going over and learning the grammar before starting year 12?

Quick Reply

Latest