The Student Room Group

Part time student, part time work, suffering with mental health issues

Studying part time postgrad - dont get any student finance or bursaries. My course fees were paid by the government. Work upto 14 hours a week but its for an education agency sometimes its less. Anyway, got mainly depression, but also other issues ED included. Struggling with alot of things at the moment, including, my studies and financial problems. Should I apply for DSA, and other things like ESA? Working tax credits? I dont know what to do or what I am eligible for.
There should be something available to you
You can only claim working tax credits if you're over 16, work at least 16 hours per week and receive disability benefits. For people without children and disabilities, you have to be over 25 and work at least 30 hours per week.
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
You can only claim working tax credits if you're over 16, work at least 16 hours per week and receive disability benefits. For people without children and disabilities, you have to be over 25 and work at least 30 hours per week.

What about esa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justjake09
What about esa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be very surprised if you could get ESA whilst working 14 hours per week. Your income would be too high. But if you did rent / pay council tax, you'd be entitled to something because of your low income.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending