The Student Room Group

River Island Recruitment Event

Hi, I recently applied for a Christmas Temp Job at River Island, and on Wednesday I have been invited to a recruitment event which I'm very nervous about! I'm just wondering whether anyone had been to one recently, what questions where asked, what your wore, things I may need to know etc,
Thank you!
Original post by aliceroseew
Hi, I recently applied for a Christmas Temp Job at River Island, and on Wednesday I have been invited to a recruitment event which I'm very nervous about! I'm just wondering whether anyone had been to one recently, what questions where asked, what your wore, things I may need to know etc,
Thank you!

I have one tomorrow which I am so nervous about, it is my first interview! I am planning on wearing acid wash skinny jeans and a black jumper with a chunky gold necklace and maybe ankle boots. (I heard branded shoes are probably not the best way forward). The only thing by them that I own is a bag so I shall also wear that.
Reply 2
I was thinking jeans and a jumper, or checkered leggings and a jumper? The only thing I own that's river island is a cropped denim jacket so not really appropriate for winter! I'm nervous as well - it's my first interview too!
I was thinking jeans and a jumper, or checkered leggings and a jumper? The only thing I own that's river island is a cropped denim jacket so not really appropriate for winter! I'm nervous as well - it's my first interview too!

I think both clothing ideas sound good and 'trendy'. Wearing River Island clothes I don't think would be too important but look online at their clothes and see some things which they are selling atm to get an idea of what their clothes are about. All the best though, hope you get the job! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by funkydee19
I think both clothing ideas sound good and 'trendy'. Wearing River Island clothes I don't think would be too important but look online at their clothes and see some things which they are selling atm to get an idea of what their clothes are about. All the best though, hope you get the job! :smile:

How did your interview go?! I had mine and in the end it was ok! Much more relaxed than I thought it would be - I had lovely people in the group! Just waiting on the reply now!
How did your interview go?! I had mine and in the end it was ok! Much more relaxed than I thought it would be - I had lovely people in the group! Just waiting on the reply now!

Yeah same it was veryy relaxed, and the people in my group were very friendly. I was meant to recieve my results today. An email being that I had not been offered the job and a phone call if I have. I have not recieved either, so I'm not sure what to do now, but I'll give it till tomorrow. All the best, hope you get the job :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending