The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Uni of Kent transfer into Y2

I am a Y2 student transferring from a different uni to Kent biochemistry. Does any of the events on the welcome week apply to current Y2 students? Also, I would like to know if there are group chats for the cohort I am transferring to that I can join as I am completely new to the uni.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a Y2 student transferring from a different uni to Kent biochemistry. Does any of the events on the welcome week apply to current Y2 students? Also, I would like to know if there are group chats for the cohort I am transferring to that I can join as I am completely new to the uni.

Hey!

I actually transferred into year 2 in Psychology in 2019 so hopefully can offer some insight! Firstly, yes, the events in welcome week apply to all new & returning students, and whilst it will be majority freshers, 2nd and 3rd years can/do attend events as well. Especially with joining societies, a lot of people don't join a society until the second or third year anyway! :smile:

In terms of the cohort group chats, I would actually recommend going on last year's freshers group and posting there if there are any group chats for biochemistry for the 2022 cohort (and explain you've transferred etc.); this would probably be the best place to look first.

Otherwise, someone else actually emailed the recruitment team ( [email protected] was the person on the recruitment team who contacted me if you want to email them as a starting point ) basically saying they were also a 2nd-year entry and wanted to be put in touch with other 2nd-year entry students and I was then passed on their contact details! So maybe you could try that to see if there are any other students in your position and you could meet them that way! :h:

If you have any more questions about transferring to Kent, let me know!!

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 7 months ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending