The Student Room Group

Is business studies considered an easy subject

I've heard lately that business studies is not really taken into consideration by unis, I'm thinking of doing it at a level alongside economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do business studies and it's not easy but it's not hard.
Original post by James2810
I do business studies and it's not easy but it's not hard.

My I ask what is your exam board and what you are learning about? I am just interested as I was thing of taking that for As next year.
Reply 3
I think you may refer to the Cambridge list of academic a level subjects. According to this list of a Cam academic, Business Studies is seen by admissions as softer and less academic compared to Economics. Other soft subjects are Psychology, general studies, geography etc.

Sciences, Languages and history are seen as academic subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by Tcannon
I think you may refer to the Cambridge list of academic a level subjects. According to this list of a Cam academic, Business Studies is seen by admissions as softer and less academic compared to Economics. Other soft subjects are Psychology, general studies, geography etc.

Sciences, Languages and history are seen as academic subjects.

Geography is not a questionable subject. It is viewed as a strong academic subject.

https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/acceptable-level-subject-combinations
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
You probably don't want to do economics and business together.

Business is less respected than economics by a long shot, and there are terms that overlap in the two subjects, so if you were to do a test, you also run the risk of getting the two confused and losing marks.

Quick Reply

Latest