The Student Room Group

How badly do I need braces

Basically when I was 16 (im 20 now) I had a brace for about a year and the orthodontist wanted to change it for another one but I refused because I just hated wearing them so in a way I interupted the treatment. Anyway my mum has started going on about how stupid and stubborn I am and she always mentions my teeth saying that they would have been nice instead of overlapping if I was not so stupid. For the last few years Ive thought they were fine but since my parents keep mentioning them maybe they look worse than I think. Id probably have to pay for treatment now but do you think I should ask or braces at least to shut my mum up? Be honest, thanks.

I know its disgusting but I took a pic, they look a bit yellow but I do brush them honest:p: Sorry but you don't have to look:redface:

http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=001hb8.jpg
i think they look fine, do they meet up in the right places for chewing?
Reply 2
They just need a scale and polish! It's your choice. :biggrin:
Reply 3
i dont think you do
Reply 4
gem_77
i think they look fine, do they meet up in the right places for chewing?

I don't know what the right places are lol, they feel ok I suppose.
Reply 5
In that pic are you biting down as much as you can?

If you are it looks like you have an open bite which i suggest you get treatment for as it can cause wearing of the teeth that do meet causing you problems later on in life.
Reply 6
red_Rose
In that pic are you biting down as much as you can?

If you are it looks like you have an open bite which i suggest you get treatment for as it can cause wearing of the teeth that do meet causing you problems later on in life.

No, if I press down as hard as I can you can't really see the bottom teeth.
Reply 7
They look fine to me.
I've not bothered with braces and I have a bit of a sticky out tooth. Doesn't cause me any problems, to be honest I like my squint teeth. They add character.
What did your dentist say? If they aren't going to cause you any problems don't let anyone pressure you into doing your teeth.
They're not that bad, you should have seen my teeth before I got braces :eek:
Reply 9
General Mullet
They're not that bad, you should have seen my teeth before I got braces :eek:

:ditto: mine looked like a train had driven through them :p:
Reply 10
Anonymous
Basically when I was 16 (im 20 now) I had a brace for about a year and the orthodontist wanted to change it for another one but I refused because I just hated wearing them so in a way I interupted the treatment. Anyway my mum has started going on about how stupid and stubborn I am and she always mentions my teeth saying that they would have been nice instead of overlapping if I was not so stupid. For the last few years Ive thought they were fine but since my parents keep mentioning them maybe they look worse than I think. Id probably have to pay for treatment now but do you think I should ask or braces at least to shut my mum up? Be honest, thanks.

I know its disgusting but I took a pic, they look a bit yellow but I do brush them honest:p: Sorry but you don't have to look:redface:

http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=001hb8.jpg

how badly? not as much as me!
Reply 11
They look fine, it just depends how much you want perfect teeth. My teeth weren't that bad before I had braces, but I don't for a second regret getting them, because now I don't give my smile a second thought, because I know I have a perfect set.

Then again, I had mine in my early teens while I was fat and had a crap haircut anyway, so it didn't really make much difference to how attractive I was anyway.
Reply 12
To be honest I cant see much wrong with your teeth, they dont actually look that bad!

I had braces when I was a teenager, they have sinced moved back to how they were before treatment and Im so pissed off!
Reply 13
You don't need braces. Just get your teeth whitened.
I've got braces and your teeth look like all the "after" pics they showed me so you have no worries at all, they are also relaly white compared to most peoples so your parents are just inventing things to have a dig at your stubborness :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending