The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I'm all booked up for mine 🙈 I did it this morning but found most dates had gone as well! It's all starting to get real now..!
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Wow sounds ace do you mind me asking what qualifications you have as I'm taking my GCSEs in September as I never did them they need B in English in Maths etc and I've tried getting a job in care even though I did some carework few year ago but because I have no hospital experience like a lot are asking im finding it hard so I'm going to do some voluntary etc

Are you doing them privately? I'm just looking at resisting a few to up my chances but I think I too late to book myself in for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachb14
I'm all booked up for mine 🙈 I did it this morning but found most dates had gone as well! It's all starting to get real now..!

I know it's so exciting/scary! I've booked my self in for August so I have plenty of prep time! Have you had much look finding shadowing/work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by jakeyparamedic
I know it's so exciting/scary! I've booked my self in for August so I have plenty of prep time! Have you had much look finding shadowing/work experience? Posted from TSR Mobile

September will be here before we know it! I'm in for the end of August so yeah plenty of time beforehand hopefully. I have a week in a hospital booked and a week with a GP, I think tbh I dropped very lucky with both but it took me a whole lot of emails and letters to even get those...how about you? It's the volunteering side that I'm struggling to sort!

Are you going to be at Northenden Campus?
Original post by Rachb14
September will be here before we know it! I'm in for the end of August so yeah plenty of time beforehand hopefully. I have a week in a hospital booked and a week with a GP, I think tbh I dropped very lucky with both but it took me a whole lot of emails and letters to even get those...how about you? It's the volunteering side that I'm struggling to sort!

Are you going to be at Northenden Campus?

I'm currently trying to arrange them both but it's proving more difficult than I thought! But I'm sure I'll find something soon!
No I'll be at the St. John's campus!
Are you doing them privately? I'm just looking at resisting a few to up my chances but I think I too late to book myself in for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've enrolled at Park Lane College in Leeds for science english and maths so hopefully will start in September . What are you doing in September access or med ?
Well I've enrolled at Park Lane College in Leeds for science english and maths so hopefully will start in September . What are you doing in September access or med ?

I'm doing access to medicine at Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing access to medicine at Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ace so have you done the UKCAT then too or do you do that after ?
Reply 88
I'm currently trying to arrange them both but it's proving more difficult than I thought! But I'm sure I'll find something soon! No I'll be at the St. John's campus!

im sure you will! I wonder how much the different campuses will have to do with each other throughout the year?

I noticed in an earlier post that you were considering doing Chemistry GCSE alongside the access, I'm toying with it as well so I wondered whether you'd decided on that?
Original post by Rachb14
im sure you will! I wonder how much the different campuses will have to do with each other throughout the year?

I noticed in an earlier post that you were considering doing Chemistry GCSE alongside the access, I'm toying with it as well so I wondered whether you'd decided on that?

I've emailed Manchester college asking if this option is available to do. I was thinking about doing AS chemistry along side the access course. I imagine some of it crosses over and is similar. But I would like to resist a few GCSEs just to make my application better.

Anybody on here considered university choices yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UKCAT has opened today! Anybody booked it yet? The earlier you book the cheaper it is! Most places through June and July have already filled up! Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just booked my for 2nd weekend in August - I've got butterflies already!
I'm currently trying to arrange them both but it's proving more difficult than I thought! But I'm sure I'll find something soon!
No I'll be at the St. John's campus!

It might be worth looking for volunteering opportunities.

I applied for one online at a big hospital yesterday and they phoned today to give me an interview date within 2 weeks. Down side is that they want a 6 month commitment with about 4 hours per week AND there's no guarantee that you will be accepted.

Is that a one year GCSE course?

I was thinking of doing Chemistry and Biology because I didn't study them at school.
I've emailed Manchester college asking if this option is available to do. I was thinking about doing AS chemistry along side the access course. I imagine some of it crosses over and is similar. But I would like to resist a few GCSEs just to make my application better.

Anybody on here considered university choices yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only one I'm certain of applying to is Manchester Uni. All the others that accept A2M from Mancat are too far away:frown:
Original post by doctorsingh?
Is that a one year GCSE course?

I was thinking of doing Chemistry and Biology because I didn't study them at school.

Yes it is the one year course 32 weeks I think so far I know they do them 3 but I'm thinking of doing maybe 5 GCSE's as most uni ask for them 5-6 wat U think?
It might be worth looking for volunteering opportunities.

I applied for one online at a big hospital yesterday and they phoned today to give me an interview date within 2 weeks. Down side is that they want a 6 month commitment with about 4 hours per week AND there's no guarantee that you will be accepted.

Did they specify what type of volunteering as I'm going for Leeds ?
Just booked my for 2nd weekend in August - I've got butterflies already!

Good look going to book mine I've ordered Kaplan and 600 only think is im doing it as a practice as I'll probably have to wait till next year so I can apply from October 15 and send my UCAS app
Reply 97
Hi everyone
A few days ago , I 've received a letter form TMC for an interview at Nicolls campus on the 14Th of May . As it written in the letter there will be an initial assessment ,so I wonder if this will be a verbal interview or would there be any written tests as well!! what type of questions they will ask ?
I would really appreciate any help and advice! :smile:
Thanks
Did they specify what type of volunteering as I'm going for Leeds ?

They had places in various areas including wards and A&E.

Leeds said that they only had childrens hospital places left.
Reply 99
Hi guys, I have a question for you. I am from Poland and I hold matura examsin both Biology and Chemistry but I've gained poor grades due to personal issues. I am thinking of doing an Access to Medicine course at Lambeth College. Therefore, if I successfully completed the course would I still have to present unis with my Polish qualifications or can I omit them the moment I complete Access to Medicine course?

Latest

Trending

Trending