The Student Room Group

The FA Cup Thread 14/15

Scroll to see replies

Third round starts today, although for some bizarre reason there isn't a single televised game.
Original post by shawn_o1
"Tradition" stops any Saturday 3pm kickoff from being televised, no matter how big the game is. (Which is probably why it should have been moved to midday or tomorrow)

It's not just tradition - there is also an argument that if Saturday 3pm matches were televised then people may decide to stay in to watch those 'big' games rather than attending the other Saturday 3pm matches in person.
Original post by alex_hk90
It's not just tradition - there is also an argument that if Saturday 3pm matches were televised then people may decide to stay in to watch those 'big' games rather than attending the other Saturday 3pm matches in person.

Yeh you can see why they do it. A lot of lower league clubs rely on 'floating' fans. Let's be honest if Man United v Chelsea was on TV at 3pm on a Saturday, how many people would go out in the freezing cold to watch Crawley vs Shrewsbury at £20 a ticket?
Barnsley game has been delayed 15 minutes due to a suspected gas leak.
Blyth take the lead. Bournemouth & Forest 1-0 down & my acca is seemingly in tatters :emo:
2-0 to Blyth lol :eek:
Original post by barnetlad
Much more impressive than the poor turnout to watch the Bluebirds progress to the fourth round at Colchester's expense. Maybe there are some good cheap drink offers in Cardiff city centre or Barry Island after the New Year to tempt people elsewhere.

Cheers barnetlad :smile: I understand a lot of Cardiff fans didn't attend as a boycott/protest over Vincent Tan, which is fair enough. But would they do the same for a league match not on TV? Or an FA Cup match against Chelsea, not Colchester?
Original post by sr90
Third round starts today, although for some bizarre reason there isn't a single televised game.

It is mad why they didn't move the time of one of these 3pm KOs to either earlier this morning or later this afternoon. A few good ties in there too, and it would have been great for either Gateshead, Southport or Blyth to get a bit of money from being on the television. Still don't understand why they've got the West Ham-Everton match on the Tuesday night either?

Blyth are currently doing a cracking job of being 2-0 up.

Going back about 15 years ago I used to watch us playing Stoke in the League so it feels a bit odd to be quite excited for our match tomorrow with them now being a "big" team. But over 4,600 Wrexham fans will be making the short journey and after the faff of my tickets "getting lost in the post" I'm now all sorted to be one of those making that trip. It'll be odd to have that many away fans with us, we don't even get that at home! But here's hoping for one of those magical FA Cup upsets though!
Reply 48
Come on Blyth!
Original post by ra-ra-ra
It is mad why they didn't move the time of one of these 3pm KOs to either earlier this morning or later this afternoon. A few good ties in there too, and it would have been great for either Gateshead, Southport or Blyth to get a bit of money from being on the television. Still don't understand why they've got the West Ham-Everton match on the Tuesday night either?

Blyth are currently doing a cracking job of being 2-0 up.

You can understand the last 2 not being televised because a lower side getting smashed by one of the big boys isn't good viewing for anybody. I'm amazed that Blyth game isn't on TV though, had all the ingredients for a cupset and unsurprisingly they are winning.
I don't think Birmingham fans will be too bothered, they've allowed Altrincham and Kidderminster past them in the FA Cup before so it suggests they're used to being "giant-killed"
Blyth should be on tv. Arsenal vs. Hull and Everton vs. West Ham? So dull.

And then there's no televised game on a bloody Saturday and Monday night draws. The magic of the FA Cup is still there but it's like they're trying to get rid of it. Appalling stuff.
Blyth Spartan :teehee:
swansea pressing tranmere like mad swans 2 tranmere 0
Reply 54
Original post by little_wizard123
Blyth should be on tv. Arsenal vs. Hull and Everton vs. West Ham? So dull.

And then there's no televised game on a bloody Saturday and Monday night draws. The magic of the FA Cup is still there but it's like they're trying to get rid of it. Appalling stuff.

Dreadful decision not to show Blyth or Gateshead. Arsenal-Hull...what's the point?
Damn was hoping Robert dale would complete his hattrick for blyth Spartans. Hopefully their will nab a draw minimum and win the replay
Reply 56
FFS Birmingham.
disappointing to see Blyth out, that was shaping up to be a magical result. Still, into round 4 fairly comfortably.
Feel so badly for Southport!
Reply 59
Berahino will be the competition's top scorer, then.

Quick Reply

Latest